CBI $chandler

Hi every one and body,
My station is south of France. We, since over 45 days, have a very very hot and dry season.
No rain, temps between 30-35

Hi
the FWI is based more on the australian scale
and the drought index is important
you can though use a scale factor to bring it more in line with your own local conditions

FWI, OK let’s forget it if is Australian oriented. I will delete it on my site…!

How about CBI…?
Is the $chandler (in testtags) var supposed to be accurate?
Is there a specific setting? If yes, where…?

Thanks, regards.

-= Guy =-

Still waiting for response for CBI… :?

Thanks.

-= Guy =-

CBI is based purely on temperature and humidity and differentiates 5 different levels of fire danger. Since it is only based on those two parameters it is probably less accurate and just gives the general idea of whether ther e is or is not a fire danger and I would assume this does not differ in different parts of the world. It does not take into account soil moisture for example.

Thanks Jachym for the answer.

Never the less actualy on my station is showing -1.0 while ext temp is 31.5

Its not inaccurate, this is probably what you get when you plugin the particular values.

The formula is:
CBI = (((110 - 1.373RH) - 0.54 * (10.20 - T)) * (124 * 10^(-0.0142RH)))/60

RH - humidity in %, T = temp in deg C

[quote author=meteo link=topic=61068.msg487923#msg487923 date=1438776459]
Thanks Jachym for the answer.

Never the less actualy on my station is showing -1.0 while ext temp is 31.5

Today I noticed that the graph FWI has not updated arrows different kodu.Build 81 was fine, you can somehow fix it?

Thanks you Jachym & Niko for the instructive explenations.
I will monitor manualy time to time.
Bottom line CBI does not seem very useful.

Thanks again, regards.

-= Guy =-

I will fix those arrow positions on the graph not being current for the next WD update

Brian, so the graph is fine and arrowheads show, now I ask how it is with the daily evaporation, you said that the problem in average Panel, you might have forgotten about it but after restarting the WD My Daily evaporation changes the value in half, you can count on check it out? I give the data to the table after the restart but not exact, thanks

that is a different issue though (ET vs FWI)
but I will do some investigating