Logger weird on startup of new release

Hi Brian,

Every time I start a new release for the first time the logger goes all the way back to the beginning. Note the Logger date (actually was 06/06 but it took me a few seconds to get the shot) vs the Retrieving data from below. Subsequent starts of the same version will read only the current necessary data, but when a new version is installed it’s back to the beginning again. This has been going on for some time now.

Minor, but annoying, problem - yes. But between this and the Windoze messages every time an internally called app is started by WD it works up to a long time sitting there answering all the ‘is it OK’ messages.

Running 281 - 7/31 - 10:55.

Thanks.

logger.jpg

that from the begining data happens if the console can not find the date/time requested
one thing is to make sure the time/date on the pc matches the console time/date

re the other problem, make sure you set WD to run as administrator or you could turn off UAC

Matches date and time to the second.

Messed with those settings with no luck (obviously), but didn’t think about just turning it off. Thanks!

Brian, all my stuff was already set to run as admin, but turned UAC off as suggested. Still get 4 or 5 of the attached every time I start up WD (now running 283).

Thanks.

run.jpg

Did you use the full install or the zip for 283? I think you need the full install, see last post in http://discourse.weather-watch.com/p/470332

Been using the zip as always since starting the betas with b262 on 4 May (except for the first setup from the old original b81). Did not have this problem until around the 280/281 builds. Also it’s not just one exe that has the problem - it’s 4 or 5. In the link you provided it appears Brian has only worked on one.

Thanks.

I just went from 271(?) to 283 using the installer, I didn’t have the logger download issue, and I don’t have the UAC popup issue, but that may be because it’s only a test install and I’m not using those other .exe’s. Not much help I guess :frowning:

Not to worry. I appreciate your time.

FYI, when 283 came up for the first time I did not have the logger issue of going all the way back to the beginning. Hopefully that is fixed.

The logger problem has been hiding since my last note on 283. Unfortunately it came back today when I installed 290 dated 8/23 @ 1158 (an update from the previous 290, which worked fine). Dang thing went all the way back to 7/03 and fetched everything in the logger (I assume).

FWIW…

Follow-up, Brian…

The last 2 versions of 291 worked fine with the logger. It only read what it really needed. With 292 it’s back to its old ways, in this case all the way back to early July on startup of WD.

Thanks.