Request for correc.txt files

Hi Everybody,

As I’m readying a new version, and accompanying materials, I’m interested in examples of use of autolearn and WXSIM-Lite. If you have been running autolearn for at least a year and have been using WXSIM-Lite for at least a few months, I’d be interested in a copy of your correc.txt file, as the graphs autolearn can make could show seasonal variations in correction factors and accuracy, and also the effects of implementing WXSIM-Lite. I’ll assume if you send me a copy, I have your advance permission to publish graphs based on the data, along with your location! :slight_smile:

Thanks,

Tom

Tom,

I don’t run AutoLearn, but I do run WRET every day to update my correc.txt. Would you still be interested in my file?

Thanks,

Steve

Hi Tom, I’m very glad to give you my correc.txt file! What do you think of it?
The location is “Acquaviva delle Fonti (BA), Italy”
This is the always up-to-date file on my website: http://www.meteoacquaviva.it/correc.txt

correc.txt (45.3 KB)

Hi Tom,

Here’s mine covers periods your after - use as you wish.

File attached and link to daily uploaded server side same file. http://hrvistaweather.com/correc.txt

correc.txt (97.8 KB)

Hi Tom,
Here is my correc.txt file. Hope it helps you.
Tom

correc.txt (89.3 KB)

Hi Tom

Here’s my correc.txt file.

Cheers

:smiley:

MikeyM

correc.txt (93.5 KB)

Hiya!

Here’s mine.

/Chris

correc.txt (86.9 KB)

Hi Tom

Thanks for all your hard work with WXSIM etc.

I have been running Autolearn for a loongtime and WXSIM_lite since it was release back in January 2015.

Here is my correct.txt

Best regards,
Henrik

correc.txt (102 KB)

Hi Tom

I’ll leave my file (San Sebastian, Spain)

Cheers

Javier

correc.txt (102 KB)

Thanks, everybody! :slight_smile:

Tom

Here ya go.

Steve

correc.txt (100 KB)

New Holland, Pa

correc.txt (108 KB)

Pasadena, TX

correc.txt (59.7 KB)

Glenbervie, Scotland

Tom - just under 11 months of Autolearn plus WXSIM-Lite since it started so not sure if my correc.txt is of any use to you but here it is anyway…

correc.txt (50.7 KB)

Thanks for all these files! I’ve done some analysis, and ALL of the long term ones I’ve checked so far (where I was able to get 3-6 month periods for the same seasons in different years, with and without WXSIM-Lite) show definite improvement. It averages a 14% improvement in the 6 files that met these criteria, and that’s including any WXSIM-Lite mix over 50% (so some of this wasn’t with optimal mix), but that ranges from 7.6% to 29.6% improvement. The good “outlier” (biggest success story) is Silkeborg, Denmark, where the already reasonable good mean absolute error of between 1.5 and 2 Celsius degrees has improved to less than 1 degree! Again, of the 6, that’s the best (both in terms of improvement and actual error) “advertisement” I’ve seen, but all do show definite improvement. You can really see in this one how errors reduced as the average mix percentage of the data sample built up to the final (and probably near-optimal) 65%.

Tom here is mine for Broadstairs, UK if you still need any more files.

Stuart

correc.txt (32.5 KB)

Hi Tom,

Not sure you still need files but i attached mine.

John

correc.txt (105 KB)