Auto Forecasts

Hi folks,

I am not all that computer savy so this may be a dumb question but,

I run my forecasts via the WXSIM Auto Scheduler and at four times a day. ( 4AM, 10 AM, 4PM & 10 PM )
Due to the fact that I work during the day, I do get to see all of the forecasts but miss the 10 AM one.

Is there a way I can create a Folder that my text forecast will save to, so that I can go back and review the forecasts that ran during the day ?
Maybe it could be short cutted to my desktop ?

Note: this would be the Calibration run , Forecast run, and the actual “Text Forecast” below them.
There is a Latest . txt file in WRET , but it does not include the final "Text Forecast version " at the bottom.

Many thanks for your suggestions !

If you are archiving your forecasts, then every one you ever make is saved. The names are like “f15090612.txt”, for noon, today, for example (except it may be off by an hour due to Daylight Saving Time … WXSIM likes to name its files in terms of standard time). If you are not archiving already, you can check the box for that under Start/Auto Run and Other Settings.

Tom

Forgot to mention: the “.wxf only” option prevents the text and csv forecasts of the same name from being made. You need to uncheck that of you want the .txt forecasts archived, too.

Tom

Hi Tom,
Is there a benefit to saving them all? I just looked at mine, and it’s a pretty big archive!

Most people don’t really need the archived .txt or .csv files. Just make sure you’re saving .wxf ones. Also, there’s little need for most people to archive the data files from WXSIMATE (format dyymmddhh.txt). If you see those collecting, you can uncheck that option under Schedule in WXSIMATE.

Tom