V 10.37 Mac Build 239 Crashes on launch

I just downloaded 10.37 B239. Dragged into applications folder, double clicked Interface opens up and then goes away. Is there a problem with OS 10.9.5? All the info in my signature is current.

Thanks,

I have had that same issue with the last few builds.

I sometimes have to simply try a few times in a row and that always has worked.

If that doesn’t work, perhaps rebooting or unplug connection from station to computer for a few mins then plug back in and retry

Hope that helps…

you do not way which version you were using before
if this is the first time using the latest version
then you will need to reset the entry in the wdisplayftp.ini settings file:
[comport]
mac usb name=

when WD is not running
then restart WD
and then reselect the com port

Sorry, it was in my signature file WD 10.375-B17

Hi
doing the above should fix the problem for you

That fixed the problem of being able to launch the app but then when I select the com port (/dev/tty.SLAB_USBtoUART) that works perfectly fine with B-17 there is no communication with B-239. Also I just noticed that since my first attempt at launching B-239 it screwed up my communication with Indigo Home automation. It hadn’t talked to it since the launch attempt. I rebooted and went through an extremely long data logger rebuild and got that communication back. Of course there was a month change, looks like I lost that transition. Then I attempted the fix for B-239, like I said it launched but can’t establish communications, everything reads zero. I’ve gone back to B-17. I need to hold fast to the notion that if it ain’t broke don’t fix it. Trying to go to B-239 sure screwed up my system.

OK, I don’t dive into this program very often, it just runs without having to mess with it. Wish I had not interfered with it. Isn’t there a way to do a manual Month reset? I sure as hell can’t find it. :frowning:

I think you will find that if you had selected the /dev/cu.SLAB_USBtoUART entry it would work OK for the communications

re month reset, there is lots of resets you can do under action
(reset selected…)
and you can set /reset rain totals, ( month totals) etc
e.g via offsets and intial rain