Forum Issues

Many of you know that the Weather-Watch forum server experienced a catastrophic disk failure recently. As a result there are some forum features not working correctly and this thread has been started as a place to report any issues you find. Please note that Chris, the forum administrator, is very busy at the moment and not able to spend much time working on the forum.

Already reported issues:

Search is not working well.
New members can’t access the Bug Tracker - note that the Bug Tracker is only used for forum and WML issues, not WD or WDL.
Photo Gallery and Wiki links are broken - possibly gone for ever, we lost a lot of content.
“Latest Versions:” in the forum header are not updating.
Forum notification emails to road runner addresses may not be working, I think this is probably a road runner issue/block since emails in general are working OK.
WYSIWYG Post Editor may be broken.

Quote from: niko on [b]Today[/b] at 01:53:56 PM

Many of you know that the Weather-Watch forum server experienced a catastrophic disk failure recently. As a result there are some forum features not working correctly and this thread has been started as a place to report any issues you find. Please note that Chris, the forum administrator, is very busy at the moment and not able to spend much time working on the forum.

Already reported issues:

Search is not working well.
New members can’t access the Bug Tracker - note that the Bug Tracker is only used for forum and WML issues, not WD or WDL.
Photo Gallery and Wiki links are broken - possibly gone for ever, we lost a lot of content.
“Latest Versions:” in the forum header are not updating.
Forum notification emails to road runner addresses may not be working, I think this is probably a road runner issue/block since emails in general are working OK.

As you can see above, the quote function when replying to posts seems to be problematic for some of us. I’ve tried it in several different browsers and PC’s and have had the same problem. I can reply with quote on other SMF forums without any problems at all. The problem is that for some reason I am seeing blockquote tags showing up in the post and the quoted post is not highlighted.

Is anyone else experiencing this blockquote issue?

Mine seems to work. The quoted item looks like

[quote="niko post:3, topic:60638"]
Is anyone else experiencing this blockquote issue?
[/quote]

I’ve tested on multiple OS’s and PC’s and can’t reproduce it :dontknow:

Quote from: niko on [b]Today[/b] at 03:53:40 PM

I’ve tested on multiple OS’s and PC’s and can’t reproduce it :dontknow:

[Quote from: niko on [b]Today[/b] at 03:53:40 PM](http://www.weather-watch.com/smf/index.php?topic=61296.msg489595#msg489595)<blockquote>I've tested on multiple OS's and PC's and can't reproduce it :dontknow: 
</blockquote>

Well, it beats me too. The above code is what I see when I click on the Quote button to reply to a post. As I said I get it with all of my browsers and PC’s, of which I have three currently on-line. This particular reply is using Firefox while the others were using Chrome.

No problems here obviously…

@W3DRM - In your forum profile, Modify Profile, Look and Layout, please try unchecking the “show wysiwyg” option.

My, my, that worked! You are a genius =D>

I don’t remember selecting that option when I joined the forum but that was long ago and I may done it to myself without realizing it… : ](*,)

Thanks for solving the mystery. It also explains why it showed-up on all of my browsers and PC’s.

That was the clue that sent me to your profile :wink: Before you posted that it made no sense at all :lol:

But, I just checked my profile over on the WXFORUM and it also has the wysiwg item checked and the quote function works just fine there. Both WD and WXFORUM are running the same version of SMF too so I haven’t a clue why one should be different from the other… Oh well, something to look more deeply at when you have the time. It works now so I am happy.

Added to the list.