WXSIM message

Hi everybody

since few monts J have after each forecast special info (enclosed). Every DST are checked. Where can be a problem?

On msglog is such info:
Dzierzoniow
2015-08-30
07:42:13
FOUS data over 24 hours old - consider obtaining more recent data.
2015-08-30
07:46:42

but FOUS is used by North America and J`m in Europe

Thanks for help

I’m wondering if there is some bug which causes WXSIM to think a certain other kind of data is supposed to be FOUS (?). Can you send me cty.fdt, rgcode.txt, custinit.txt, localcal.txt, localdat.txt, and wdata.txt, so I can try to reproduce the problem?

Thanks!

Tom

I was getting that error, too, with the twister Ohio state source. If I tried the NOAA source, WXSIMATE couldn’t even find the data. I disabled FOUS in WXSIM to kill the error.

The original problem seems to be that NAM FOUS was checked for import (Fuzzy sent me his files, and I found this to be the case), and it doesn’t exist outside the U.S. Unchecking it should fix the problem. However, I do see that the wording of the message was not idea, saying the data was old when it fact it simply didn’t exist!

I’ll need to check about soruce reliability issues. I think I’m using it on the computer at school, with no problems recently, but I’m not sure (and I’m at home for the Labor Day Weekend!).

Tom