Meteotemplate - new free website template

Looking good Chris :smiley:

Im glad you like it, I got several messages from people asking about whether this would be possible to do. I did have to do some modifications to the original script, but right now it seems it is working ok. The only thing that is necessary is to clear the cache, otherwise it looks a bit “squashed” :smiley:

hello…

I didnt clear the cache on my serever…mine looks ok when I view it here…does it look ok to you Jachym there?. I looked in my cache and only see 2 things in there and one is for the aeris forecast, not sure what the other one has to do with.

on another note I just wanted to mention that I downloaded the stickers plug in. and after unzipping it, I placed the entire STICKERS Folder into my plugins folder…then tried going to the default address in the stickers.php file that looks like this…

…YOUR PAGE URL … /plugins/stickers/sticker200_120.php?parameter=T&text=Hello&color1=grey&color2=dark_red

but nothing will appear on page other than some type of internal error message…to view message you can go/try to go…here…

http://www.gateway2capecod.com/meteotemplate/plugins/stickers/sticker200_120.php?parameter=T&text=Hello&color1=grey&color2=dark_red

inside the sticker.php file is some code seen below…

include(“…/…/config.php”);
include($baseURL.“css/design.php”);
include($baseURL.“header.php”);

Those paths at default settings do not seem correct to me, but then again maybe I am missing something on the way this is all set up to work.

.either way maybe we will figure out the stickers plugin problem in the future.

Thanks…Chris

Hi Chris,

ok with regards to the cache :smiley: Sorry about that misunderstanding, I meant browser cache :slight_smile: It is likely that your browser saved the main.css in the past since you already visited the site and so it still uses it to speed up loading time (since I didnt rename the file). All you have to do is hold down the refresh button slightly longer. This has nothing to do with the script or server, so I see it ok in my browser, your site looks ok, but it could be (not necessarily) that you still see the slightly squashed version because the main.css is saved in your temporary browser files.

With regards to stickers… it could be that your server does not have the GD extension installed. This is an extension that allows generating images by PHP. I will look at that and let you know tomorrow.

EDIT: just looking at your screenshot, so your browser loaded main.css correctly :slight_smile: No need to do anything else.

I think it’s very unlikely that Chris doesn’t have GD.

thats true, what is interesting though is that gd errors usually just mean nothing happens, but this throws weird error

only thing missin is the real live gauges :smiley:

Pretty Quiet in Here…

Youre surprised ??

Maybe it is because we were discussing the template in a different thread here, but I hope it is definitely not “quiet” :smiley: Yesterday I released a new plugin, one more is coming today, I am working on a page with gauges and also dealing with support (just yesterday got 32 emails :D). And considering I have to try doing most of it at night I can say Im pretty busy these days :slight_smile: The important thing however is that I enjoy it.

Hi Jachym,

I see that bug I reported in the V1.1 release on the Trends page has been fixed on the Demo site.

Does the current download of V1.1 contain the fix or will that be included in another version.

regards,

You mean the trend graphs not showing? If so then yes, that is a known bug and will be fixed in the next update.

Hi Jachym.

Greate templates you are making, keep up the good work =D>
Have a question i hope you can help with, i use WD last version for upload.

1.Is it possible to to have/set more frequent updates to the weather station site, like every 5 sec?
Same same i have with saratoga template, then it will be almost live.
I upload 2x clientraw.txt files, one every min and one every 3 sec. Diff location on server.

1. Where do i find my ID for Climate setting in config.php to put in, i stay in ulsteinvik, norway :
    /* ########### Climate ####################### */
    $climateID = 2539; // default location ID

2. i didnt find any info how to implement my davis solar sensor to the template, thrue the WDimport.html script.

Thanks again for making templates like this. :smiley:

You see the site here:
http://www.ulsteinvikweather.com/meteopage/index.php

Hi Bjorn and greetings to Norway :slight_smile:

1. Currently no - but this will be a new feature in the (hopefully next) release - also see http://discourse.weather-watch.com/t/60409

2. Im not sure I understand your question, the code you have copied is from the config.php. This is the ID that is shown if you link to just the index.php of the climate file without any parameter. You can create links to other locations in the menu by simply specifying it like this:

…/climate/index.php?q=XXXX - this will show whatever location you want. And the climate ID in config.php is what is loaded when linking to just …/climate/index.php

1. you must create your custom log I guess, which will contain all the parameters including the S, I am not 100% sure how to do it, but I remember someone here said it is possible. Other option is importing your current logs to Excel, pasting the solar data, save as CSV and do the CSV import.

Hi

regard question nr 2.
Possible to have the templat for weather station have auto live update every, say 5 sec instead of 1 min?
This site.
http://www.ulsteinvikweather.com/meteopage/pages/station/index.php

Hi,

the updates was your question 1 :smiley: And I answered it:

“this will be a new feature in the (hopefully next) release - also see http://discourse.weather-watch.com/t/60409

Also, with regards to the climate, it is possible to create your own location if you want. It is more a matter of finding data for it.

AAA got it Jachym, thanks and keep up the good work :slight_smile:
looking forward to “live” update.

The climate data obviously does not contain every place on Earth :smiley: It would be impossible for me to put together in some reasonable time and also it would be extremely big in terms of size. However, it is possible to add your own particular location.

I looked on the web and found some usable data for Ulsteinvik, so I will format it in such a way so that it can be used by the script and then I will post here instructions for you how to add that data, so your climate section will then show Ulsteinvik with a Norwegian flag and data from your particular city.

Super Jachym.

Thanks alot :lol:

Hi Bjorn,

so I prepared the data set for you (I cant guarantee it will work the first time, but if not let me know and we will fix it)

Open some text editor and open the file pages/climate/complete.csv

Go right to the bottom and insert a new line with the following content:

"5000;Ulsteinvik;Norway;no;Ulstein;Europe;No;62.21;5.51;10;6912;Cfc;Cfc;DCIo;Cool temperate moist forest;3.8;3.3;4.6;6.8;10.4;12.8;14.5;15;12.7;9.7;6.5;4.7;8.7;2;1.6;2.6;4.5;7.9;10.4;12.3;12.9;10.7;7.8;4.7;2.8;6.7;11.3;4.2;0.3;0;0.7;2.2;5.4;8.1;10.1;10.8;8.7;6;3;1;4.7;178;136;148;109;89;104;135;167;272;259;249;229;2075;183;64.3;19;17;18;15;14;14;15;16;16;17;17;18-9999;-9999;-9999;-9999;-9999;-9999;-9999;-9999;-9999;-9999;-9999;-9999;-9999;-9999;-9999;-9999;-9999;-9999;-9999;-9999;-9999;-9999;-9999;-9999;-9999;-9999;-9999;362;534;703;889;1066;1189;1130;961;777;599;418;302;887"

Save it, upload it to your server and then try putting your default climate (or link in the menu) to ID 5000

Let me know if it works, it is possible I made an error somewhere along the way, lot of numbers and semicolons :smiley: