Control Panel Icons do not Respond

Brian,

9 hours and still everything opens in Control Panel…

I am seeing WD kind of hang and say it is not responding. Then returns to normal operation.

Another question is why when you open CWOP in Publication you hover over any of the “click here to go to …” a blue circle keeps spinning next to the mouse arrow? I haven’t seen that in any of the others.

I will change those mouse hover over link for the next update

Brian,

To Recap:

• Is the Control Panel issue is being caused by the Custom Client Raw File (Steel Gauges)?

• Is this also causing Weather Display to once and a while hang or say at the top “Weather Display - Ver 10.377R281- Not Responding” and then after a bit, return to normal operation? (Topic = WD hanging randomly)

Thank you…

I’m at 11 days and still error free. I’ll give it to 14 days then I’ll reboot and see what happens.
jp

Well JPMorgan, you are the lucky one. From I have followed so far has not worked. The Control panel is not responding again.

Brian,

If I click on Dallas 1 wire icon, Control panel closes out. Some of the Icons on the left work and only NOAA Warnings icon works in Publications.

Well JPMorgan, you are the lucky one

actaully the majority of users actually do not have the problems reported in this (or similar) threads

note that problems with using setups from the control panel is a symptom of errors occuring in WD and increasing memory use
(a restart of WD will fix those issues)

Can I go back a few Revisions?

I’ll restart WD and in time the Control Panel acts up… Is it Windows 8.1?

its not related to W8.1 and yes you can use previous versions

I rolled back to R280.

I have made a change in a new update to build 281 that might help

since I do get the errors on my own weather pc, I have now managed to set up remote debugging, i.e so I can run WD on that pc via the compiler
so I am hoping I can track down the error this way :slight_smile:
hopefully…

Brian

I have the latest 281 beta installed, so if I get a lock up, I will volunteer

Craig

hi,
no need for others to volunteer re remote debugging as I get the error on my own (low spec) weather pc,
so I am running it remotely on that, through the compiler,
to hopefully narrow down where the problem is more

Brian,

Back to R280. All is working fine.

I just hit 14 days with no errors on b281. I’m in the midst of doing 15 Windows updates and they I’ll reboot and see if I can stay “error free”. I won’t be upgrading to the latest 281 just yet, I’ll stick with this winner for now.
jp

Hi Brian,

Interestingly, I haven’t had the freezing icon problem up through b266 but when I installed the latest version, b281, on Saturday I now do. Also, the screen gif (animated) no longer updates. No errors in the event log.

Roger

when you get the control panel icon problem then there will be errors
you can also check the programerrorlog.txt file

I have not changed the main screen animated gif creation, so that is strange that is not working for you
(how exactly do you mean by its not working though?)

I have done more updates to build 281, so make sure to use the latest update

Hi Brian,

Yes, lots of errors, all since switch to b281. I’ll send them tonight. Main screen animation is no longer saving except on WD startup, which I have set to save and upload every 5 minutes. This was working in b266. I can try canceling gif. and see if the icons start to work again.

Roger

Hi Brian,

Here’s the last few entries from programerrorlog.txt:

Failed to save main screen animation Access violation at address 004D8574 in module ‘weatherdisplay.exe’. Read of address 30303040
Above error or program log occured at :5:30 pm 07/29/15
Failed to save main screen animation Access violation at address 004D8574 in module ‘weatherdisplay.exe’. Read of address 37324352
Above error or program log occured at :5:35 pm 07/29/15
ERROR: Access violation at address 00409E4A in module ‘weatherdisplay.exe’. Read of address 37324352 System.SysUtils System.SysUtils at time/date 5:38 pm 07/29/15
Above error or program log occured at :5:38 pm 07/29/15
ERROR: Access violation at address 00409E4A in module ‘weatherdisplay.exe’. Read of address 37324352 System.SysUtils System.SysUtils at time/date 5:38 pm 07/29/15
ERROR: Canvas does not allow drawing System.Classes System.Classes at time/date 5:38 pm 07/29/15
ERROR: Access violation at address 7741308E in module ‘ntdll.dll’. Write of address 00000014 System.SysUtils System.SysUtils at time/date 5:38 pm 07/29/15

I’ll stop the animation and see if that helps.

Thanks,
Roger