Weather Display via router connection

I have an Oregon Scientific weather station, WMR100NA. I may be forced to move my rain gage and wind sensor so that the distance between the station and sensors will be beyond range. Can I run Weather Display via my local IOgear router which has a USB port input available, and over the routers wireless connection to my PC??

Hi
I suspect that is not the intention of that USB port?

If I understand the WMR100 the sensors talk to the base station and then the base station is connected to the PC via USB cable where WD runs on your PC. If you need to move the sensors farther than the 328 ft (100m) of the base station you will have to move the base station as well. The sensors communicate on 433mHz which is RF but not WiFi. The sensors cannot talk to a wireless router which is 2.4gHz/5gHz. Also WD cannot run on the router because of the USB port. The USB is used to attach a hard drive so you can access files on it remotely but not to run programs. (You might get a tiny linux base weather program to run on an older Linksys router which is hackable.) Neither can you plug your base station into that USB port and have WD access it without hacking your router. That USB port is for a hard drive. WD has to run on a PC and receive data from the USB connection. You could move the base station in range of the outdoor sensors and then run a USB extender cable or buy a USB over Ethernet cable converters. Your base station is pretty much on a short leash to the sensors.

USB → TCP/IP → USB might work though