Windows 10

Windows 10 comes out soon. Will weather display still work?

yes

I just did the Windows 10 upgrade. I got a little scared at first - WD started fine and downloaded from the data logger but then it didn’t seem to be connected to the console - was not getting any new data. But after leaving it all set for a little I guess it found the console, wunderground started working along with my old Logitech camera.

All is good - just had to be a little patient for everything to find its connection it seems.

did you do a clean install?
How does it work with non touch screens?

All I did was follow the upgrade path that was downloaded to my Windows 7 PC after reserving a copy.

So far it works fine with my desktop, mouse (wireless Logitech), keyboard and monitor. I had to go in and manually adjust the resolution for my monitor.

There is a start button and everything is familiar except for the addition of “tiles” on the right side which are just fancy shortcuts to programs (now called apps) which are configurable.

good that its working on W10
which WD version are you using snowman?

Moderators do you suggest a clean install on windows 10 upgrade?

I should have posted that before. Running 10.377R Build 281.

Just another observation - I said above it took WD a few minutes to get it’s thing going. I noticed the same with a couple other programs I use for photo editing. When I first started them the initial screen came up and it just sat there without loading the program. Waiting a minute or two and then they fired up and have fired up fine since. It seems like Windows was registering the program or doing something in the background on the first opening. Same with WD - actually after WD did do it’s initial load my camera started but I noticed wunderground didn’t. Shutting WD down and restarting once fixed that had has worked fine since.

How to do a clean install of Win 10 :

http://lifehacker.com/how-to-do-a-clean-install-of-windows-10-1720775893

I am upgrading from Win7 to 10. I have made a system image backup to another drive, but not sure that would it be restorable given the two different operating systems. In any case, what is the procedure again for backing up WD? I recall doing it several years ago when I upgraded my computer. I want to be certain I can get it back if there are any upgrade issues, as I have years of saved data. thanks.

Have any of you guys seen this where your W10 system effectively becomes a download resource for other users on the internet? Glad I’m a linux user!

Stuart

I’m liking this less and less with every post :frowning:

Here’s how to disable WUDO http://betanews.com/2015/07/31/stop-windows-10-using-your-internet-connection-to-share-updates-to-other-people/

I currently have two laptops running Windows. One runs W7 and WD and the other runs W8.1 for my wife, however that one has Nvidia graphics and so with those issues as well W10 is something I will not consider. Currently the W7 one runs WD and WXSim just fine. All my other stuff is either Android or Linux. Now if I could get WXSim running on Linux I’d move to WD/Linux in a heartbeat.

Stuart

We have a general Win 10 thread running here. To avoid duplication please use that one for anything that’s not WD specific. Thanks :slight_smile: