Does WD work with Acu-Rite Console 06037M?

I have downloaded WD trail, but before I install it, will it work with Acu-Rite Console 06037M?
When I clicked on the Weather Display - Supported Stations it shows:
the Acu-Rite 5 in 1 01025/01035/2032c with USB or Bridge (via separate VIS or Bridge program)
So, before I install it, I thought I would check first.
Thanks
Chuck Fuller

Hi
does that console have USB to the pc ?

Yes it does.
At the moment I’m using Acu Rite’s PC Connect w/ Valley Info System’s VIS Version 3.7.0.3.
I’m trying to have something on my PC Desktop that doesn’t require going out to the internet to see what my station is showing.
The Newer Version of AcuRite Connect you have to go to MyBackyard site. Which is nice, but what if loose internet? Then I only have the console.
Being in Oklahoma, (and fyi I’m a transplant. Originally from Colo.), out in the country we loose Internet often.
Valley Info’s VIS has MiniWeb that you can use, but it was designed for Smart Phones and not Desktops The Web Page Fonts, and Icons, are so large you have to scroll the screen to get the big picture.
My 1st weather station was a LaCross using Heavy Weather and VWS. I loved VWS, as I could have everything on one screen. I would have it running on one of my monitors at all times, without being on the internet to see it.
The LaCross I had for 2 years, and in that time I replaced all the sensors twice. This last time when the Thermo-Hygro Sensor stop reporting Temp correctly, and the Rain Sensor stopped, and the Wind Sensor got a broke cup I said that’s enough. It was going to cost me more to replace them, then just buy a new system. I was going to get a Ambient system, but my wife wanted to buy me one for Christmas. When she asked if it was a AcuRite, my brain didn’t click right and I said yes. (Hey! they both start with and “A” lol), Once I got it, and installed, I realized it wasn’t really the one I wanted. Now I find out that VWS will NOT support AcuRite, ever, ever!
When I installed the PC Connect SW, it had Weather Display for a link on it’s interface. So I thought I would give it a try, but once I got the user manual, and it is outdated, I couldn’t find any info of whether it would work with the 06037M Console. Checked the supported Stations on WD site, and now I’m here asking the question. $60 for some people may not be a lot, but it is for me. VIS wants $18 a year for their MiniWeb Elements where I could design my own page. So I’m trying to make a decision on which to go with. So any help would be great.
Thanks,
Chuck Fuller

Hi
WD gets it’s data from the VIS reader, and so it will work with that OK
I have added a youtube video showing how it all works

I am the author of the PC connect software you are refering to as well

You can customise the main WD screen as well

60$ is like a one tank full of petrol for your car , for life time free upgrades of the software and support

Thanks Brian for the info. You answered one question, of if I was going to have to pay $60 a year.
Has WD been tested with Valley Info’s VIS Version 3.7.0.3 yet?

On another note, since you are the author of PC Connect, will there be a newer version? Running 3.9.
When I click Full Screen mode, the interface stays the same, but the rest of the screen is black.

unfortunately I lost the code for the PC connect software in a hard drive crash
and Acurite do not answer my emails anymore too now, as I said to them I could though to a Mac version (different code)

I have ran into a issue after VIS, from Valley Information Systems, updated the VIS Reader.
Now when I start up WD, it shows Wind at 67 MPH, and records it as the high gust for the day.
I have tried to uninstall everything and put everything back. Still the issue remains.
Question I have is:
Should I be putting the VIS in the WD folder, then run it’s install?
Or should I leave the directories separate?
Thanks in advance.
Chuck Fuller.

Hi
if you are updating the vis program
then make sure to install that to where WD is installed