WXSIM 2015 Build 2.0 Released!

Hi Everybody,

I’ve just made the first official release (there have been beta versions) since March. This is WXSIM 2015, Build 2.0, with Autolearn 2.2, WXSIM-Lite 1.2, and WXSIMATE 5.8. The readme notes and the manual (as well as the Revision GHistory section of the web page) say what’s new.

Go to www.wxsim.com and to the downloads section (or just straight to www.wxsim.com/dnld) to get the new version. If you are an existing user, be sure to use the UPGRADE installer (NOT the demo one).

Thanks for all your support!

Tom

WRET in this version gave me a ‘Runtime Error No. 53’, so I had to backlevel to an earlier 2015 Beta upgrade.

Just FYI I’m running in Standard mode, not Pro.

Hi Tom,

For me same problem with WRET, Runtime error 53 (File not found)

Best regards,
Oebel

Hi, same error for me if I try to open WRET with PRO-Mode.

Windows 7.x64

Hi, same error for me. Running Pro, and Windows 7.

Yikes! I actually saw this, too, and thought I fixed it!

Trying again! Another version should be up in a bit.

Tom

OK, I believe I’ve got it fixed. I had forgotten about a change I made to wret.exe. It turned out that, if you didn’t have WXSIMPRO (a separate program for user with several sites) installed, the error would occur. I had it on my drive, so I didn’t see it at first, and when I tried installing fresh, I did see it, but then made a change which I thought had fixed it. In any case, I THINK it’s OK now. Please check! :slight_smile:

Tom

Hi Tom,

Thanks. For me, Pro user, it is working now.

Best regards,
Oebel

Tom,
Just tried newer version and it is working fine.
Thanks,
Tom

Works here Tom. Many thanks … :smiley:

Jeff

All’s well here, too, Tom. Thanks! :slight_smile:

All is well at johnsnhweather thanks Tom

Working well for me here.
Thanks

Chris

Looks good here Tom - thanks

Cheers

:smiley:

MikeyM

Working great here in Minnesota. Many thanks, Tom!

Everything working fine after obe day!

I don’t know if it is to me only, but it’s the second time WRET settings reset. I remember I changed them yesterday (beacuse they had already changed themselves), but today again

Yes, I see it too. I was just going to write a post saying that lastret.txt only show 3 days after upgrading. But I see that wret now say that it is to show only 3 days. So that has been reset! I have not touched it.

Which other settings do you see are changed?

I, these things have been resetted in retini (wret settings file): the number of days, the soil moisture options and others I think

I brougt up a backup, and the first line in retini.txt has been changed, but the rest is the same. My first line was:

“1”,“10”,0,0,2,2,1,4

Now it is:

“1”,“4”,1,0,2,2,1,4

It looks like two things have been changed, the number of days from 10 to 4 and the number after it from 0 to 1. I don’t know what that is?
I hope Tom will take a look at it!