WD lags for 20+ sec when using special file conv

Hi Brian, I am using the Leuven template, not sure if thats different, i never know how they work lol

So when you test on yours, are you saying wd’s clock only pauses for around 5 seconds?, mine is
about 20 - 25 seconds…

I have actually disabled a lot of stuff over the past few months too, so compared to what i do have
running now as a opposed when i was running Northants Weather, you could says its fairly minimalistic
CWOP, many graphs and graphics disabled, FB no longer working, no longer creating a database,
webcam removed.

I have testtags and testtags 2 and trends-inc running, not sure if i need trends-inc anymore mind but i have
kept it running just in case, i have tried each one of those three on their own to see which one might be causing the lag but each one on its own causes it to happen, the interesting part is it still does the lag
even if there is no files in the file creation setting to be run but still having that setting turned on, i.e. the
filenames left blank but still set (if that makes sense)

I wonder if its conflicting with something else that i have turned on in wd if its ok on your test machine?

you could always .zip and email me your settings files and the files with the tags in them so I can test here

Hi Brian, i can and will do that but, bear in mind that the issue still occurs when no files are added to the creation list, this points to it
not being a problem with the testtags or trends-inc…

did some experimenting here with new fresh settings only set to create the
testtags.txt
testtags2.txt
trends-inc.txt

to .php files
that you sent me
every minute
I notice your testtags.txt has the WebsterWeatherLive custom tags at the end (which is not what the original test tags has)
which adds alot more tags to be processes by WD
so that takes an extra second

and then the trends-inc.txt does not take very long

but the testtags2.txt file, which has another big lot of tags in it, that takes another second…so thats 6 seconds in total on my pc
build 81 took 6 seconds too…as a comparison…which means the latest version is working OK here in testing

next I will test with your actual settings

have tested here with your settings…and changed to have the file #29 updated every minute…
this was completed in the 6 seconds , so similar to above test
(there is alot of custom tags to process in those 3 files)

Here is a video of what mine is like Brian

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4sZPrydC_YLend6aEg5SnhYRGs/view?usp=docslist_api

nothing like that here
how does build 81 compare?

Hi Brian, B81 is the same, although that took 28 seconds… i could understand it if i was on a slow machine but this is a AMD Phenom II X4 (Quad) 840 CPU 3.20 GHz with 4gb, C:/ has +140gb free too

Hi
just getting back to this

so build 81 is actually worse?

I have been working on optimising the processing of custom tags…build 291 might be a bit better

Perhaps something else like a virus scanner is checking each file as it is updated by WD (log files, data files etc) and slowing down the process?
Or something to do with Win 10?

do you happen to use the web page search function Bashy?
(see in the FTP/internet setup)
as I have fixed one thing with that in the latest update that was causing lots of cpu use and a run away memory

Hi Brian, sorry for the late reply, been a bit hectic, YES, i do use the websearch feature, will have a go with the latest build now, thanks for letting me know :slight_smile:

I dont use any virus proggy Martyn, only if i have a PC issue will i use one :slight_smile:

Hi Brian, im on B293 and still the same for me, CPU goes up to around 29% and WD hangs for around 20 seconds
This only happens when the custom files are being created

is it a bit better?
if you are creating more than 1 custom file at a time then you could space them out instead of all created at the same time?

Hi Brian, no difference, this machine now has 8gb to opposed to the previous 4gb, also when i was doing the testing before
i created this thread, it didnt make any difference if there was 1 file being created or all 3, i now just have it running every 10 mins

one thing to check on maybe is to make sure that your firewall or antivirus program is not checking on that WD files?

one bottleneck could be the heating and cooling degree custom tags
as a test, try removing those from the testtags.txt file
(you could try removing other tags, until you find the bottleneck, too)
(backup the file first)

Hi Brian, loosing those tags has helped, its dropped it down to only 8 seconds now, thanks :slight_smile:

thats good we found the bottleneck
those tags involve reading the logfile…which has alot
of lines to read
i will see if i can speed it up

Brian

not knowing how parsing the data…

Would loading the data into a database help expedite the execution?

Renato