Move Wxsim to another PC

Hi Tom,
i’ve copy and paste the entire directories of wxsim to another new PC.
After that i’ve installed wxsimupg to update wxsim to latest version.
All it seems ok but i’ve an error on wxsimlite.
When i click to the program i’ve this error:

http://i.imgur.com/DFzkfW6.png

Any ideas?
Thanks in advance,

Alessandro

Is the wxsimlitedata subfolder there, under the wxsim folder? Does it have the gfsdat0… text files in it?

What action are you taking which results in the error?

Tom

Hi Tom,
i’ve tried to delete all txt file in it, but without lucky.
I’ve tried also to rename cormod0.txt but this error persist.

I’ve checked also July log file on Wd…all it’s ok in it.
No other ideas.
What can i do?

Alessandro

Hi Alessandro,

First, I hope you did not delete those text files - you need them! I am not sure what you meant about renaming cormod0.txt.

Do you still have those gfsdat0… files? If you have deleted them but have them on the old computer, please move them onto the new machine. If you like, maybe I could use Team Viewer to see what’s going on. If that’s OK with you, just email me with the information.

Tom

Hi Tom,
no, sure not!
I’ve tried to move them in another directory :wink:
About cormod0.txt.
I’ve also tried to renamed it for test.
I’ll send you an email with teamviewer credentials.
Thanks a lot Tom!
Cheers,

Alessandro

I solved this one, I think. In WXSIM-Lite’s initialization file (wxslini.txt) there is a Boolean variable, which should be either “True” or “False”. Somehow, it got written as “Vero” (which I assume is Italian for “True”) and then it couldn’t read its own file! What’s strange is that it wasn’t happening before. Does anyone else see a translated version of “True” appearing in a non-Englsih language setting? This variable is near the bottom of the wxslini.txt file. The error it made was #13 (Type Mismatch), which showed up immediately upon trying to open WXSIM-Lite.

Tom

Tom

Several months ago I had a similar problem after trying to move from one pc to another. See thread titled ‘error13 wxsimlite’. This can not be a translation issue as i use English. The app must be doing something to this file on first run maybe.

Did that error 13 (on the other thread) ever get fixed? Do you recall how? I do suspect there is more than one way it could happen. The language one may be just one of them.

Thanks!

Tom

Thanks for support Tom!
Cheers,

Alessandro