Solar questions

So I’m very new at WD…I’ve always used VWS…I’m having trouble understanding the whole solar and uv functions of WD…from about 8am to 10am I have a maple tree that blocks my solar and uv sensors…I see you can fudge the readings in control panel. But my sun hours are way different than what my gps locations say…how do I use that feature to correctly display and read the sensors without throwing it way off when the sun is out without clouds?

First, congratulations on the switch.

I had this issue a while back and fixed it by adjusting the attenuation.

The options as worded, “Update the solar value from this max reading for lat/long and time of day” and “Do not auto set time zone”. Make sure they’re checked, then apply the time of day offsets.

Hi
post a screen shot of what you have set so far in the max solar for lat/long setup

From what I am learning, I have a huge maple leaf tree right in the way of the weather station. During the summer months when I got the sensors the sun was high in the sky since I was getting more accurate reading and not have to fudge the reading. Right now the sun is so low I usually adjust the fudge factor weekly to account for the maple leaf and the time the sun is blocked by the tree

there is some fudge factors for before or after an hour…
are you not able to move the sensor?

I could move my sensors but then I jeopardize my anemometer…

Hi
but you can separate the solar sensor from the rest of the sensors and even run a longer cable to it