Meteotemplate - new free website template

Hi Jachym
have reload files from update plugin folder plus version file as attachment 1 but it still gives as attachment 2 in plugin setup.
I already had the original version 2 from May on so the 0.0 should be 2.0 before the update was put on have I missed something.

Harold

Server files 07-27-16.JPG

That is very strange, because it is actually not your version that it shows as 0.0, but the latest oneā€¦ that would suggest your server is unable to load the latest version file from meteotemplate.com, which would be possible, but then all your latest versions would be 0.0ā€¦ I just checked on other sites and the version shows as 2.0ā€¦ really strangeā€¦

Hi Jachym
had done a few more and they are ok still only that one with the 0.0
I did find that the station compare setup page said snow setup but I corrected that in the setup file.

Harold

Hi everyone,

I am having a problem with the ā€œMain Setupā€ Interface.
It says that my config.php is not writable.

I checked the permission of the config.php (was 644 then) and changed it to 777 but i still get this message.
Any ideas?

Best regards

Georg

Hi Georg,

yes this is now a known ā€œproblemā€. The problem in this case is simply caching. What I didnt know is that the server caches this information. So if it detects your file is not writable, it shows that message - so far so good. But then, once you change it, it simply uses the cached information that it is not, so just ignore it and everything should work fine.

Okay thank you :slight_smile:

Jachym,

Surprisingly, I got everything set up just fine. But not so surprisingly because your instructions were very well written.

I didnā€™t have any plugins running yet since Iā€™m just getting my feet wet but this update went very well for me. Thank you for this!

and p.s. I finally used filezilla to upload the many, many files. Before I was clicking one file at a time to upload. Ugh!

Hi,
great and I can imagine Filezilla saved you quite some time :smiley:

Hi
any one else able to access cron-job.org, my station off line in template and unable find out what has happened to my cron jobs.

Harold

The site is down and all the users who use it have this problem, not much i can do

cron-job is back up, but I will have to think about this, relying on an unreliable external service is not a good idea. I dont know how many people use it, I myself use Meteobridge for this so I am not affected. The problem is that there are many sites offering free CRON jobs, but the free plans are in longer intervals, which for our purposes is useless

Couple questions. I bought a data logger program with my Davis weather station. Can I use that some how to log this info? and Does it hurt to have two cron jobs running on two different cron job servers? That way if one fails you always have a back up?

The HTTP Get to run the WD.pho
In the meteotemplate setup in WD ( in the websites/ web page setupā€¦custom web page setup ) should be all that is needed
To run the scripts/ cron

Not sure I follow. I have the custom web page setup to send my clientraw.txt file but for some reason I still need to run a cron job. guess Iā€™m not sure what the cron job doesā€¦

The setup on WD I refer to is not to FTP the clientraw file
That is on the real time t.v.
I am referring to the meteotemplate setup in the custom web page tab in WD

Yes, I have both of those set up properly but I still need the cron job for some reason.

did you add your pass word after the wd.php ?
(i.e wd.php?pass=yourupdatepassword)
I do have meteotemplate setup myself now at

http://www.weather-display.org/template/
(a kind user in Germany has let me use this serverā€¦has cpanel access etc)
just trying to install some blocksā€¦but I think there is a permission problem

Yes, my web site is working just fine now but Iā€™m wondering why I need cron jobs to make it work?

you could check under view, debug info, to see if there is an error with that http custom get/cron job in WD
(WD does it every minute)
by WD accesing that wd.php script , it triggers that script to grab the data from the clientraw.txt file (from the URL you have setup) and update the mysql data base

am getting plugins working OK :slight_smile:
easyā€¦you just download the plugin from meteotemplate.com
unzip to your hard drive
then upload that whole folder to the plugins folder on your web site
then go to the plugins setup in the admin sectionā€¦and if needs setting upā€¦there will be a settings to click on
then it should show in menu menu on your home page
e.g
http://www.weather-display.org/template/plugins/airTraffic/index.php
:slight_smile:
easy
I am struggling with the blocks setup thoughā€¦