Meteotemplate - new free website template

Also, is your clientraw.txt in the update directory of the template? Because that is what you have set up and where the script is looking for it.

A new plugin is now available, which uses the WxSim software logs to display forecasted conditions using graphs, tables and icons.

Main features:

• dynamic graphs of various parameters forecasted by WxSim
  • textual forecast for upcoming days
  • detailed forecast for user-specified hours, including icons and possibility to display all the parameters

Install instructions:

• download and unzip the files
  • open forecast.php and set up the script in the specified section
  • upload the files to your server and add link to the menu
  • given the log files are relatively difficult to work with as they are inconsistent and also the fact I do not have wxSim myself, it is possible that your file might not be loaded 100% correctly, in such case feel free to contact me and I will see what I can do to make it work for you

more info about setup in the blog

Demo: http://www.meteotemplate.com/template/plugins/wxSim/forecast.php (please note: I do not have WxSim myself, so the demo uses a static sample file and does not change)
Download: http://www.meteotemplate.com/web/plugins.php
Info/comments: http://meteotemplate.com/blog/?p=233

Saludos Jachym

The new WXSIM plugin is spectacular. You need a lot of skill to present as much information so elegantly.

Very grateful for your hard work :thumbleft:

Javier

One thing that is (was) still missing in the template was some more sophisticated forecast. Well, that is no longer true! I would like to introduce the new plugin, which I called “Forecast comparison”. I am sure it will be quite useful and it is again something I haven

Psst…Its NOT allowed to use the YR-logo on the page: http://om.yr.no/verdata/vilkar/

Hmmm… that page is only in Norwegian, so I didnt know that, plus one would actually assume the exact opposite - I included the text they request and thought attaching the logo would make it even more “attractive” for them - I mean that is how most services work, using a logo to promote their own site… You are probably an expert on this because you always come up with something like this :smiley: I tried to make sure I include all the info and credits this time and I see I got it wrong again :smiley: But I really dont understand the point of this, why are you not allowed to use a logo if you are clearly stating it belongs to them and even credit them… ok well I guess to bad for them :smiley: In the next update of the script I will delete it and use just the “Yr.no” text…

New plugin - Contact
There is now a new plugin available called

Three plugins have been updated and now include some new features as well as bug fixes and optimization.

Installation - in case of all these plugins there are no settings necessary, so simply download, unzip and replace your original 1.0 files :slight_smile:

Space Weather

The space weather plugin has been updated to version 2.0 and has some new features, which many of you asked for.

New in Space Weather 2.0

Dew Point

New in Dew point 2.0

Fire Danger Index

New in Fire danger 2.0

I have the template working on my synology home NAS which I use for testing, template the only thing that gives an error is the database button on the info page (error 500) i.e. dbinfo.php, still need to sort the text on the station and location info.

I am impressed

thanks for all your hard work on this Jachym

Harold

Hi Harold,
I’m glad you like it, that db page I decided to remove all together in the next version, just delete it from the menu, it is problematic and there are bugs in it.

New plugin - Cloud calculations
A simple new plugin is now available, which performs various cloud related calculations, similar to the other plugins for calculating dew point and apparent temperature.

Installation is very simple, just unzip and upload and add a link to your menu.

On a side note, I am currently working on another plugin, which however is again going to be relatively complex, but I hope to finish it relatively soon :slight_smile: I think it will be another very attractive one :slight_smile:

Demo: http://www.meteotemplate.com/template/plugins/cloudCalculations/calc.php
Download: http://www.meteotemplate.com/web/plugins.php
Info/comments: http://meteotemplate.com/blog/?p=250

Hi
the solar radiation interactive graph is not showing any plot line if hovered over some values show up not sure why
I tried manually entering some 5 min values around midday to the database but this made no difference
tried adding solar values to 201510.txt using csv then saved as ms dos txt file but no values were imported when I tried and the values I manually entered have gone, so can only rely on the ones imported from the clientraw file from WD but they do not always populate which is a bit strange

hi,
well that is strange, because the graph normally works for other users… could you please send me:

• link to your meteotemplate web
  • your config.php settings of the limits and units

Hi
Template link

This is the part of the config file you are asking for I think

// Units in MySQL database - specify the units in which your data is saved in MySQL database
$dataTempUnits = “C”; // C or F
$dataRainUnits = “mm”; // mm or in
$dataWindUnits = “mph”; // ms, kmh, kt or mph
$dataPressUnits = “hpa”; // hpa, mmhg, inhg

// Display units - specify the default units in which you want your data to be shown on the web
$displayTempUnits = "C"; // C or F
$displayRainUnits = "mm"; // mm, cm or in
$displayWindUnits = "mph"; // ms, kmh, kt or mph
$displayPressUnits = "hpa"; // hpa, mmhg, inhg
$displayCloudbaseUnits = "ft"; // m or ft
$displayVisibilityUnits = "mi"; // visibility units, km/mi/m

//limits - these are limits for specific parameters. These limits will be used when uploading new or historical data to the database. If the value to be added is outside these limits, it will be ignored - this is for example to avoid inserting crazy values, which would subsequently bias averages etc. These limits are in the units to be saved in the db - i.e. the units you specified that are units of data in MySQL database.
$limitTempMin = -100;
$limitTempMax = 100;
$limitHumidityMin = 0;
$limitHumidityMax = 100;
$limitPressureMin = 950;
$limitPressureMax = 1100;
$limitRainMin = 0;
$limitRainMax = 200;
$limitRainRateMin = 0;
$limitRainRateMax = 500;
$limitBearingMin = 0;
$limitBearingMax = 360;
$limitWindMin = 0;
$limitWindMax = 200;
$limitSolarMin = 0;
$limitSolarMax = 2000;

the limits have not been altered, only wind visibility and cloud height changed for units

Harold

Hi,
I just tried looking at your site, but it is exceptionally slow and since your db is very small I suspect there might be some problem with either the server or MySQL. In some cases I did not even get a response within the 30s limit and got timeout error. My internet otherwise is quite fast, is this the same for you? For example the “history” page usually loads within 3-5s even with users with 15yrs worth of data.

Hi
the server you trying to talk to is on my home network (100mbps) and is a Synology 213J and I us it for testing out templates etc. and normally only run 16 hours a day but I left it on last night, solar graph looks a lot better today.
the database has data for this year only
my broadband is ADSL2+ which offers speeds of up to 16Mbps downstream varies 5 to 12Mbps and up to 832Kbps (Kilobits per second) upstream varies 500 to 700Kbps so this could be the cause of it being slow and is dependant on what I am already uploading to my main website at the time.
sorry if it is slow, never have worked out why the upload speed cannot be the same as the download speed.

Harold

Hi.

first of all the good news is that it works :slight_smile: With regards to your speed… there is absolutely no need to appologize, it is just that you will have to be prepared that it will be very slow and possibly sometimes not even able to load the page within 30s, especially as the db will be getting larger. It is totally up to you, in the worst case you can just get a hosting, which these days can cost a bargain if you find a good option.

Hi
My main site is hosted so tried putting it on it be I failed at the create table stage just got server error 500 I already had a MySQL setup but never used it tried various options in the config.php file but still the same error. at least I got password incorrect when I was setting the test unit up which I would be happy to see on the main site, so I think the test site will have to do.

Harold

Hi,

the most likely cause of this would be if you tried to put it on a tertiary domain. Finding the right server path might then be tricky, but Im sure we would find it eventually - just like we did with your current site.

Hi
I think the database is on a different server and has a different ip address
below is part of the config.php text in red are items I have altered

// MySQL set up
$dbName = “dbname”; have changed name for post
$con=mysqli_connect(“mysql1.streamline.net-xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx( have tried both as shown and ip address only)”,“user name same as dbname this may also have @ different ip address after it i.e. [email protected] ( have tried both with and without ip)”,“my db password”,$dbName);
if (mysqli_connect_errno($con)){
echo "Failed to connect to MySQL: " . mysqli_connect_error();
}
$adminPassword = “different password”; // password for admin section

$path = "/template/"; // path to the template folder  [color=red]have tried as is plus  "../template/" instead ; [/color]
$baseURL = $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'].$path;

$pageURL = “http://www.hc-iom.co.uk”; // your main page URL this is mine I have no subdomains

I can access the database via my hosts control panel ok
I hope this explains what I have tried

Harold