build 274 failed to collect missing data from Davis via serial ip

Hi
just decided to update one of my build 81 to latest build 274
when I started it it asked to allow wd through firewall no problem clicked ok but it failed to collect the missing 5 minutes of data no blue box with yellow scroll bars showed up, I have this unit collecting the data from the Davis vp2 via a serial to ip interface (not a weatherlink ip interface) I tried shutting WD down again for a couple or minutes and restarted and the same happed again this was ok with build 81
is there anything in 274 to check the incoming data

Harold

serial to IP?
so WD sees it as serial com port do you mean, i.e you have it set up as a serial type and not IP data logger type?

data history extraction certiainly is working OK In the latest versions
so not sure why its not for you
what shows under view , debug, or program error

the serial from the station is feed into the adapter and that gives an ip address for wd to use it was working ok with 81 but after the update it stopped working got some error message about a missing usb.dll and now it will not work with ether version have put it into client mode for the night getting data from the other units clientraw.txt

Harold

its still not very clear to me
so do you have WD set to use it as an IP data logger?
also the missing usb.dll file
make sure to just unzip the latest version to where you have build 81 installed before and use that (reinstall build 81 if you need to) if you have windows xp

Hi Brian
the 2 attached shows what I am using
after last night I reinstalled build 81 and loaded the reg file and ini file from the 9th’s backup from the backup folded and after re ticking enable ip all is working again using 81
I put the full install 274 on last night it is a win7 64bit machine sounds as if I should have tried the zip version first
I have a second ip serial unit will do some testing with the test unit but it will be a week or so before I can do it, I have other commitments for next week
so I will get back to you on this

Harold

and so its a serial data logger as far as WD is concerned then?
what shows under view, debug info?

Davis data logger history is working here and I do not have any other reports of it not working

Hi Brian
sorry I was still editing my post when you posted

error log for last night

Above error or program log occured at :21:51 10/06/15
151: HTTP protocol error. 404 Not Found.
Above error or program log occured at :22:21 10/06/15
Above error or program log occured at :22:51 10/06/15
ERROR: ‘’ is not a valid integer value at time/date 22:55 10/06/15
Above error or program log occured at :22:55 10/06/15
‘’ is not a valid integer value
Above error or program log occured at :22:55 10/06/15
ERROR: ‘‘1 1’’ is not a valid integer value at time/date 23:13 10/06/15
Above error or program log occured at :23:13 10/06/15
ERROR: ‘‘1 1’’ is not a valid integer value at time/date 23:15 10/06/15
Above error or program log occured at :23:15 10/06/15
ERROR: ‘‘1 1’’ is not a valid integer value at time/date 23:18 10/06/15
Above error or program log occured at :23:18 10/06/15
ERROR: ‘‘1 1’’ is not a valid integer value at time/date 23:22 10/06/15
Above error or program log occured at :23:22 10/06/15
ERROR: ‘‘1 1’’ is not a valid integer value at time/date 23:25 10/06/15
Above error or program log occured at :23:25 10/06/15
ERROR: ‘‘1 1’’ is not a valid integer value at time/date 23:26 10/06/15
Above error or program log occured at :23:26 10/06/15
ERROR: ‘‘1 1’’ is not a valid integer value at time/date 23:29 10/06/15
Above error or program log occured at :23:29 10/06/15
ERROR: ‘‘1 1’’ is not a valid integer value at time/date 23:36 10/06/15
Above error or program log occured at :23:36 10/06/15

the last 404 error is due to running in client mode I think

Harold

try setting up with new settings
(i.e no wdisplay.ini and delete registry setting wdisplayftp.ini)

Not to muddy the waters here, but when I use an RS232 → Ethernet converter there is a virtual serial port driver on the PC side that presents to WD as a serial port.

Did it work using that port setting before?

Hi Brian
will try that as well when I get round to testing

Niko
I do not remember whether a driver was installed or not but the disk that came with it I think only had a setup program
was working ok till I updated and has been since I did a reload 81 and reinstalled the reg file and the ini file pre update

Hi Niko
just done some checking the computer has no virtual com port driver on, I have been using ip mode to talk to the unit not com port mode which would need the driver, has been working ok for the last 3 months in ip mode.
While I had the problem I checked if weatherlink would talk to the unit which it did and I download data ok again using ip mode.

Harold

ok have second ip unit connected to serial of envoy unit
build 277 with reg and ini files deleted as suggested
did minimal setup for davis vp and direct ip mode and restarted WD it started collecting data. I then stopped WD and tried changing the download time in the ini file to an hour earlier and restarted WD but it failed to collect the missing data I had asked for I have saved the 2 files for future use
have tried the 2 files from the 81 build that had the problem on it and modified then so as not to upload to the same folder so testing that, but 277 did not collect any missing data again which build 81 does do
have attached the test setup files

Harold

test jun 2015.zip (5.83 KB)

I am still waiting on the NZ Davis agents to get to me my IP data logger update to VP2
its only been 6 months…

ok so this could be a while then

thanks
Harold

it has turned up today in the mail
will let you know about getting this resolved, will work on this today

Hi
I set it up
configured it with weatherlink
WD build 278 is getting the history data just fine

what do you see under view , program debug info?

Hi
278 gives this after a restart

Doing checking of time zone calculation
Daylight saving in use
Loaded all time records
asking for loop data now 12:18:55
TCP/IP connected to 192.168.0.82
Doing checking of time zone calculation
Daylight saving in use
doftpdownmetarstation
VP reception #1 16912 #2 444 = 97
domesodownload
domesodownload2

have attached the same for a restart of 81 on the main unit
I tried to run 81 on the test unit but it failed see the station 2 red boxes but 278 does see it ok
not sure the info is of help

Harold

programerrordebug81.txt (2.62 KB)

is the switch on under control panel, data logger setup?

Hi
yes it was on
but I saw that the envoys clock was out by 2 mins (did not seem to cause a problem with build 81) reset that and set a time to this morning when I had a straight line and restarted and it saw and downloaded the data this took over 10 mins so set the time to the last time value downloaded and restarted WD again and it collected ok again
I have now ordered an ip weatherlink unit
Harold

Hi
so far so good on the collection side
but as I had double info for most of yesterday I deleted the duplicate info from the 62015lg file and did a convert logfile to graph but the wind speeds came out as straight lines tried 2 times still no go (this is the 31 day recreate to update on screen graph) how long after the ok on the complete window is clicked should the convert window be closed and how long does the 31 day recreate now take at this time of the month, as build 81 takes a long time.

does the tick box with do daily with 06 06 underneath mean the station clock is synced at that time every day

possible future items to include
you have a comport release which is user settable ie 5min default but no similar option to release the IP port so in my case a weatherlink download can be done,
although an option to close and save WD only on the reboot screen would do so as to shut WD down properly ie update ini file as I believe this only updates every ten min and a forced shut down by system scheduler does not (creates duplicate 10 min in log file on restart)

not sure if the weatherlink IP unit allows access by both WD and weatherlink software at the same time

Harold