Looking for testers for the new Mac version :)

I’m sure I screwed something up

I found an entry in the wdisplayftp.ini file:

[Comport]
last page number=0
mac usb name=/dev/tty.usbserial

I deleted the last line from above. When I launched WD, no data came up.

I then looked in the WD error area (attaching)

Screen Shot 2015-06-22 at 6.08.46 PM.png

you have done good
now you just need to reselect the com port
select the one with cu and not tty
in the comport setup
and then it should be all OK

ps.new update ready to fix the temperature position on graph and to fix the cwop setup screen not opening

Success…

Lets see how it runs for a bit…

Ill have to play around with the main window… colors etc

Again not liking the two graphs not moving together. The text above both graphs is hard to read - like i said trivial issues not showstoppers

Thanks Brian

Hey Brian

On my graph I just uploaded, I see a RED and ORANGE bar (dew point and humidity). But where is the GREEN line for temp?

When I change the graph to 12 hours I see the GREEN line.

Thing is the temps here are in the 90’s (F). The graph intervals on the right only go up to 85 - hence why the GREEN line disappeared.

that should come correct in another 6 jours
also see my post above about a new update re the graph label

Hi Brian WD MacB229 ran overnight all is Good :). Off to work

Thanks
BTrip

Mine ran perfect overnight too. Btw for all those… I’m using a Davis VP2

Yes the graph issue did stabilize.

Is there a new B229 out? The date/time looks newer but I can’t recall

Thanks Brian !!!

Yes, and I sent you the ini file just now. It’s also strange that the settings worked on all the previous versions of WD.

Hi Brian WD MacB229 up and running last 47hours, all seems Good :).

Thanks
BTrip

Mine continues to work fine also

I just noticed there is a different time stamp on the Build229. Is this new?

I thought when you fixed something it incremented the build # and thus would have expected Build230

No worries. I will grab this when home

How do I move over the records e.g. Record High Temp, Record Wind Gust etc to WD Mac from WD Windows.

I have moved all the log and data files.

I tried to move the WDISPLAY.INI file but it crashes the program.

Hugh

As of today’s build the following has still not been fixed.

The following are not saved between sessions.

Control Panel > Graph Setup > Solar Setup > Plot Extra Temperature 1 instead of indoor temp

Control Panel > Graph Setup > Solar Setup > Plot Solar

Control Panel > Graph Setup > Solar Setup > Plot Solar as blocked in

Control Panel > Colors (i.e. none of the color changes is saved between sessions)

This, along with the problem moving the records from WD Windows to WD Mac are the main reasons I cannot move from WD Windows to WD Mac.
Hugh

I have been trying to get a “stationless” version running by collecting the client raw.txt data over the internet. Most of the data is being received successfully with one notable exception. The temperature is fixed on 13C while the Windchill is giving the exact temperature albeit x10. Please see attachment. The actual temperature is 20.1C. I know a stationless version is not a priority but just wondered if I have something set-up wrongly.

build 230 out soon to fix the graph setup settings
re all time records: just copy across that all time records section in the ini file

re stationless from clientraw.txt
you might have set to have temperature to 2 decimal places in the clientraw.txt in the server version
untick that

My Mac stationless set-up is using data from my Weather Underground site. How do I set my system up to use the clientraw.txt generated by my Windows version? Is this possible?

Yes, I had Brian. The main is now showing “app.tmp.solar” 17.6C where wind chill was and now showing the correct temp of 17.3C

Thanks.

you do that via the client/server setup in the FTP/internet setup
where you set the location for the clientraw.txt file (e,g on a shared drive (samba?)
but why not move fully to the Mac version now with the latest update? (now build 230)

I will do eventually Brian, but I’m away on holiday shortly and I know my current Windows set-up is reasonably stable. I can also control Windows in Parallels remotely, in case there is a problem.

When I’m back from holiday, and I can monitor my system from home, I’ll consider switching and get rid of the dreaded Windows forever.

It has now changed itself to “Wind Chill” after a period of time.