Win 7 Pro 64-bit upgrade

It’s all done and dusted but a bit of tidying up is required. I’ve installed the 64-bit version of Win Pro as the Home Premium 32-bit system was becoming a bit light on spare memory.

Weather Display wasn’t keen on being dragged across so I just downloaded the latest version and re-configured to suit. Apart from cosmetic stuff it’s all up and running and talking happily to my host. I do though have a phenomenon which wasn’t present before but I vaguely recall happened before (many years ago) and cannot find a solution.

The problem: It doesn’t affect the running of the programme. It is though somewhat disconcerting. Each time the WD FTP activates (not the clientraw updates) the screen blinks and exhibits something equivalent to a closing window. It matters not what the computer is doing at the time, it could be sitting with the desktop displayed and no applications other than WD running. Can anyone advise me of a solution? I’d be most grateful.

Win 7 Pro?

Aye, niko. Sorry about that. Mr Brain is in a whirl at the moment. :oops:

Make sure to set the ftp program to run in system tray
and not minimised
in the connections setup
try that maybe

You are a ruddy marvel, Brian. Thanks. That seems to have sorted out the blinking thing. :slight_smile: