Looking for testers for the new Mac version :)

Hi Brian,

Looks like the time isn’t being read correctly, but I’m not sure anymore. The logs are attached.

Up until now, I left the IP address as what was entered by WD, but that was 10.0.1.16, which is the address of the Davis Datalogger itself. The Weatherbridge IP address is 10.0.1.2 as stated by the Meteohub system info. When set at 10.0.1.2, in the main window data appear, but they aren’t current data. They appear to be data from the past sometime, before the Weatherbridge was installed. I don’t understand the timescale on the graph, so am not sure. By the way, after changing the IP address to 10.0.1.2, WD now keeps it. If the address is changed to 10.0.1.16 and I quit WD, upon reopening, the address has returned to 10.0.1.2.

Also, in the Meteohub missed history data extraction window and this just started happening in Build 226, it looks like WD’s trying to get data from the future. The time is constantly changing.

Aloha,

Mark

Debug info got dropped.

@mswatanabe
you need to be entered the IP address to meteohub
not the Davis IP data logger
post a screen shot of setup where you are entering in WD

Hi Brian WD MacB226 quit logging data again at Noon wd was still running but not logging data. There were errors in the Program Event log. See post and Screen shoot. Restarted WD at 12:20 pickup all missing data.

Program Event Log WD Mac226
Access violation at address 008B3F48, accessing address 000000D8
Access violation at address 01A33985, accessing address 000002B8
ERROR: Access violation at address 018AC062, accessing address 0000029C at time/date 12:00 06/19/15

Thanks
Btrip

Resumed testing build 223 this time with File 11 turned off. WD closed at :07 minutes past the hour with this message:
Exception EVariantTypeCastError in module weatherdisplay at 00060EEF.
Could not convert variant of type (Null) into type (Integer).
Runtime error 0 at 0003880F
logout

[Process completed]

I do not have any files scheduled to be created or uploaded at that time so I’m not sure what to check next.

ADD:: One hour later I received the same error message when WD shut down.

Hi Brian,

Here it is.

Aloha,

Mark

Just remembered that with the previous builds on the older compiler I had to select ‘Prevent App Nap’ in the Get Info panel for the WD application. Trying build 226 with that option selected and with File 11 still off.

forum back up I see :wink:
(Chris the forum admin has had to commision new hardware because of ongoing problems with the last server hardware)
latest WD mac version is build 229
which fixes the noon FYI update issue
so make sure to be using that version

@mswatanabe, if you could re post that screen shot of the com port setup?

Hi Brian,

As requested.

Aloha,

Mark

Comport #.tiff.pdf (45.4 KB)

TCP:IP Davis VVP:Meteohub.tiff.pdf (44.5 KB)

what shows under view,debug info on start up of WD?
with the latest version of WD?
(and then also what shows for the info ahout UTC time under view, program event log)

Hi Brian WD Mac229 WD keep logging @ Noon Today👍 FWI was on.

Thanks Again
BTrip

good to get that bug fixed at last :slight_smile:

Hi Brian,

Here they are.

Aloha,

Mark

Debug info.tiff.pdf (121 KB)

Program Event Log.tiff.pdf (115 KB)

is that UTC time conversion under view, program event log, correct?
is the date/time to get the data from correct (in UTC time/date)?
also is port 80 correct?
try instead port 8080 ?

I have tried to run the new update twice. Each time the program crashes before getting to the opening screen. I am running the latest version of Yosemite on an iMac Retina 3.5 GHz.
I went back to the March 2014 version.

@montever
that will likely be a problem with your settings files
as it works OK with fresh settings

if you could run it from a terminal window:
with the weatherdisplay app bundle
open that bundle, then go to contents then MacPOS
then use the get info
then that shows the location of that exe file
copy that
then in a terminal window
go
cd [paste into here]
and hit return

to change to that directory
then go
./weatherdisplay

and see what shows up about the error

one fix for a hang on start up:

open up the wdisplayftp.ini settings file
find the
[comport]
entry
and delete the
usb com port
setting
then save those changes
when WD is not running

then run WD…if it runs OK, then reselect the com port

Hi Brian,

Time conversion to UTC appears correct in the program event log, i. e., 10 hours ahead of here. I can’t find UTC time/date, so can’t answer that question, but all the time/date data in the logs appear ok.

Changing to port 8080 doesn’t change anything. Port 8080 doesn’t show at all in a port scan of IP address 10.0.1.2.

Something new appears in the program event log, connection refused (error #61). The log is attached.

Something else seems to have changed. The various tabs and buttons aren’t responding normally. It takes several clicks to get a response.

Aloha,

Mark

Program Event Log.tiff.pdf (135 KB)

Hi
if you can get past the connection refused problem then it will work
(and that error is causing the program to be ‘sluggish’ I would suggest
does the WD windows version work with the same IP address and port…are you able to test that?

Hi Brian,

Loaded and ran the Windows version. Changed IP Address to 10.0.1.2 and Port to 80. No data appear in the main window. Attached are screen grabs of the Windows Program Event Log and Debug Info. I don’t have a clue.

Aloha,

Mark

Debug Info Windows 7.tiff.pdf (51.4 KB)

Program Event Log Windows 7.tiff.pdf (91.1 KB)