Control Panel Icons do not Respond

I have been follolwing this with interest as I am running build 263 and it is running fine on my system so I don’t know if any others want to try build 263 if I can upload it somewhere (not my host if I can help it) and then it can be confirmed that something that changed from build 263 to 264 onwards to cause problems?

Martyn,

Thanks for the really kind offer, but I have been having the issue ever since moving the the new version of weather display. Brian has been ever so kindly trying to sort the problem out for about a year now to no avail…

Hope you are ok

Paul

Thankyou Paul for the info.

Unfortunately 278 only went about 6 hours before errors, 0545 - 1130.
jp

I am getting a much longer run time than 6 hours before the problem will show up with setup screens not being able to be opened
e.g currently been running 21 hours and its still OK

how are the others that were on this thread doing?
one thing to note is that pwilman has a very minimum hardware setup

Martyn, it would be good if you could use the latest version
(as I doubt you will have the problem if you do not have it with build 263)

I only had the chance to download the latest zip 2 hrs. ago. So far so good. I was getting about 12 hrs. with the previous version.
I’ll let you know how it goes.
Tom

Brian - I installed 278 last night at 9PM. This morning Control Panel Icons are frozen.

I do not create anything other than the standard files needed to support WDL standard configuration.

Client raw, webcam, forecast, watches / warnings, last hour/day video and nexstorm integration. That is all

Craig

When I left for work this morning all was fine. No errors. That was about 12 hrs running. Will see how it goes when I get home tonight.

been running OK here now for this particular issue for 36 hours…will leave it running

Got home tonight and still running. 24 hrs. and going. Looking good.
Tom

still OK (for opening setup screens) here after 54 hours…will leave it running
(I am still getting the error in programerrorlog.txt every 10 minutes though, but its not affecting things badly …yet…(i.e I am still to get rid of that error completly…hopefully will come across the bit of code causing it eventually)

I’m trying 278 again to see how it goes.
jp

Wow, one hour and I get errors and locked icons. I guess I’ll just stay with 81, I seem to be a “one off”.
jp

This version of WD has been the best so far for not freezing the icon panel.
I do notice when the computer seems to lag with other programs like when Chrome seems to take longer the error shows up sooner and when other programs are running smoothly no errors on WD.

I eventually got the problem with the setup screens opening to show up after 3 days
so a big improvement for me

@weatherbee
thats an interesting observation, and does point to the problem more likely to show up on lower spec pc’s (which is what I have)

Jpmorgan,

Despite Brian’s best efforts I too have the frozen icons issue. I will probably upgrade at some point in the future when I get some new hardware and move away from my trusty, old faithful netbook that I have had for a number of years now.

Paul

don’t you have a Mac as well though, i.e why not use the Mac version?

I agree, I think we just have older, minimum hardware. Mine is still running so I’ll keep it and run v81 until I upgrade hardware. It’s not worth Brian’s time to work on our "niche " hardware. WD is great sofrware and Bran does an excellent job keeping it updated. Like I said 81 works great for me…
jp

@weatherbee
I might have found something else, in the latest .zip update

I will keep working on this as I do get the same problem here on my low spec hardware
(it does not actually cause any problem until you want to access a setup screen and then you need to restart WD)

Version 81 works great for me to.

Brian: I do have a Mac aswell. Have tried upgrading to the new version (which looks great), but have a few issues with the software talking to my vp2 and with graph colour setting not sticking. I am pretty sure it’s me that is the issue not the software, but I don’t have the time at the moment to get it all running on the Mac.

Thanks again for all your help

Paul