Looking for testers for the new Mac version :)

Thanks Brian, the data extraction panel now opens ok.

I have been trying out build 220 and unfortunately I cannot get the cronftpreal to work - login fails each time I try.

On the upside the WU rapid fire is now working with this release, thanks again.

it is the same cronftpreal version that was with the older WD mac verison

Thats what I figured. Cronftp also stopped working after testing 220…even when I went back to build 24 so it must be something outside of WD

Last login: Tue Jun 16 18:05:12 on ttys000
pauls-computer:~ ploiacono$ /Applications/WeatherD.app/Contents/Resources/cronftpreal ; exit;
program execute location /Applications/WeatherD.app/Contents/Resources/
location of ini files via location.txt /Users/ploiacono/Documents/wdisplay/
Client raw FTP Upload 18:09:04 16-6-15
FTP real vers 3.8
location of ini files via location.txt /Users/ploiacono/Documents/wdisplay/
custom flag 
client raw location from ini file  /Users/ploiacono/Documents/wdisplay/webfiles/
clientraw name =clientraw
Not Using file rename
Port to use 21
Passive mode on 
1 5
2 5
3 5
4 5
5 5
6 5
logging on to 
Result 
uploaded /Users/ploiacono/Documents/wdisplay/webfiles//clientraw.txt failed
Result 
uploaded /Users/ploiacono/Documents/wdisplay/webfiles//clientrawextra.txt failed
uploaded /Users/ploiacono/Documents/wdisplay/webfiles//clientrawdaily.txt failed

*time out with requesting DMPAFT
Aborted

for some reason it did not sync up with getting the history data

End Quote

That looks like it. Why would it do it some times and not others?

I just started it again and this time it picked up the logger data. Oops. It picked up the data from the logger then crashed…

Started it again and it looks fine … It’s connected to the console and is uploading data without a problem.

Random errors are the hardest to deal with. Sigh.

Hugh

doing some more testing with the Davis VP data extraction

if you run WD from a terminal window it should some info about the crash

Hi Brian, I have checked my ISP and my web host and everything is working fine. I uploaded the clientraw file using Filezilla and had no issue doing so. It seems to be tied with my testing of build 220, strange that it would affect all previous builds I have on my pc. Any suggestions?

Thanks

logging on to

this is no server shown
check that the ftp server settings are still set correct for the real time ftp

re the davis VP history data: will get a fix up soon

I did just discover that the wdisplayftp.ini file is corrupted, I need to fix that. Using a previous wdisplayftp.ini file worked ok.

I could not find a difference between the wdisplayftp.ini dated June 14 created under build 24 and the one created today after starting build 222. I emailed you the two files in case you wanted to take a look. Right now I am using the one from June 14 and using build 24 for the night. Tomorrow I will try build 222 again and be sure to use the wdisplayftp file from the 14th.

new version up re the Davis VP data logger :slight_smile:

and another new update…removes some debug code from the Davis data logger update…
which makes that much faster now

Hi Brian B233 history data extraction working. (see Screen Shoots) and much faster. First screen shoot logfile while waiting for WD to download. 2 screen shoot data logger extraction. 3 logfile after startup

Thanks again
BTrip

Screen Shot 62015lg shut down 2015-06-16 at 7.38.55 PM.png

Screen Shot WD Data Logger 2015-06-16 at 8.21.53 PM.png

WD downloaded the data from the VP data logger then immediately crashed.

Started WD again. It downloaded the data that it had previously downloaded and saved. I know it has saved the data because I can see it on the graphs. It then immediately crashed.

Also, when a program crashes in OS X usually you get a message saying crash information will be sent to Apple. No such message appeared with these crashes. I don’t know why this is the case.

Hugh

Hi Brian,

Build 223, no change as far as data transfer from Weatherbridge is concerned. Data is apparently being sent to Weatherdisplay as indicated by the Meteohub missed data extraction window, but nothing appears in the main window, including the graphs. Previously the graphs were flatlining, then they appeared to be displaying data for a very brief time, then those stopped and no line is being generated at all now.

Aloha,

Mark

@Hugh Whalen
it must be a problem in your settings
as that is not happening here
and others are not reporting that

try running it from a terminal window (see my post above)

@mswatanabe
I really need to test by being able to access a meteohub, e.g via port forwarding (yours or someone elses)

@Hugh Whalen
if you could .zip and email me your settings files

next update , out soon,will fix where alot of settings are not sticking
(is due to a difference in the way the compiler handles tick boxes (I had the same problem I remember now with the original version…need to use onchange instead of onclick event)

build 224 is up :slight_smile:

Tried build 223 for about 4 hrs tonight. Works real well except it randomly closes at times. WD shutdown 3 times over the 4 hr period I was testing, did not see a definite cause for it.

I see build 224 is out now, I’ll try that tomorrow.

try running from a terminal window…as that should show about the error

I dont have that issue here in testing…but then that is just testing with minimal setup…so it might be one of the functions you have setup

Hi Brian,

Tell me what to do so you can access the Weatherbridge.

Aloha,

Mark