Max. rain last 30 minutes (cloudburst)

Hi Brian

Would it be possible to make a tag that shows max. rain last 30 minutes and when it happend? Mayby a daily, monthly, yearly and all-time tag?
Here in Denmark the definition of cloudburst is more than 15 mm. rain in 30 minutes.

Best regards,
Henrik

I see you are using a recent version of WD
which is good
(as in the past you indicated that was not going to happen)
as I can only add new requests to the latest version

Hi Brian

I dont think I have indicated that I never would have go for the new WD version??

I had a post where the WD beta kept freezing 3-4 times a day (I think it was in January 2015) - and I at that time went back to build 81. The post was unfortunately deleted because of the server crash.

Actually I also (in the same topic) said that I would have a go again for the new WD version (I said that April 30 2015)

Right now I have been running new WD version for about 2 weeks and I havent had any issues.

Thanks for great support.

Best regards,
Henrik

good that the latest version is working OK
its just very disheartening when I have worked so hard for people to just say, reverting back to build 81

I will look at adding in this feature request as spare time allows
(off to a funeral today, so wont be today)

Hi Brian

Thanks for your reply. I understand your feeling - and im sorry if you have me in your mind when folks reverting to build 81 and dont try to iron out the issues. When I had the problems back in January I posted a topic - but it might have been forgotten - and I didnt follow up on it, and after a while I decided to revert back to build 81 because of the current version at that time was a beta.

Im happy for the new version - and happy for you looking at adding my request. Just take your time - its not a “need to have” - but “nice to have”

Take care.

Best regards,
Henrik

Hi
I will see if I can get this added tomorrow , and will let you know :wink:

I have added this to the latest .zip update now
custom tags are like

%recordhighsoilmoist%…All time record high rain in 30 minutes
%recordhighsoilmoistday%…Day that occured
%recordhighsoilmoistmonth%…Month that occured
%recordhighsoilmoistyear%…Year that occured
%recordhighsoilmoisthour%…Hour that occured

(see the updated tagslist.txt)
it does try to find retrospective values on start up
and you can reset the values under action…reset all time records

Hi Brian

Thank you very much - again a GREAT support.

I wonder why you have named the tags soilmoist? And the same tags seems to appear twice in the tagslist?

%recordhighsoilmoist%.........All time record high soil moisture
%recordhighsoilmoistday%......Day that occured
%recordhighsoilmoistmonth%....Month that occured
%recordhighsoilmoistyear%.....Year that occured

%recordhighsoilmoist%.........All time record high rain in 30 minutes
%recordhighsoilmoistday%......Day that occured
%recordhighsoilmoistmonth%....Month that occured
%recordhighsoilmoistyear%.....Year that occured
%recordhighsoilmoisthour%.....Hour that occured

Best regards,
Henrik

ops, I had forgoten to finish updating the tagslist.txt
they should be
%recordhighrain30min%
etc

Hi again Brian

Thanks for your help.

I unfortunately found an issue with build 281:

When I run a WXSIM forecast the timestamps in lastret.txt (from WXSIM) is changed from hh:00/hh:30 to hh:20/hh50 and the my 3-in-1 wxsim forecast script is not working.

I then tried going back to build 277 from 18. Juni 2015 and then lastret.txt has correct timestamps. See attached lastret.txt

Do you have any idea what that could be?

Best regards,
Henrik

lastret_buid_277_18_june_2015.txt (58.3 KB)

lastret_build_281_5_july_2015.txt (59.2 KB)

WD does not create the lastret.txt though
so not sure
where are the time stamps for that coming from?
that is what you need to investigate

Hi again Brian

Thanks for your reply.

I have sent Tom Ehrensperger a message about the problem. The odd thing is that the strange timestamps in lastret.txt startet after I upgraded to build 281. After I downgraded back to build 277 the timestamps in WXSIMs lastret.txt were back to normal.

I have sent Tom a link to this topic as well.

Best regards,
Henrik

where does it get the time stamps from?

Henrik,

I just installed build 281 and ran a forecast. My lastret.txt remained in the hh:00/hh:30 format. AFIK WxSim only uses data from the WD log files so I wonder what could cause that change for you. Maybe worth another try if you have the time?

• Jim

Hi Jim and Brian

Thanks for your replies. I got a message from Tom yesterday where he would like some WXSIM files and WD logfiles from old WD version and new WD version.

Then I saw your post Jim and today I installed latest full WD version and unzipped latest WD .zip on top and rebooted my wx-computer. And now everything is working fine - very strange I had the problems some days ago.

I wish you both a nice day. Thanks again.

Best regards,
Henrik