WXSim-Lite errors

During the last couple of days WXSim-Lite has failed to run properly. I have it running on a server and my desktop.

On the server, opening WXSim-Lite gives - run time error 62, input past end of file
On the desktop, if I bring up the program and try to show corrections I get the run time error 13 type mismatch error, click OK and the program closes
On the desktop, if I close, reopen WXL after the error and try to run a full file scan it runs through the files up to 6/17 (its 6/23 today) - suddenly the filename has a 4-31 date and the program crashes with an error 13 type mismatch, click OK, then an error 55 file aready open appears - have to continue to click so I finally closed the program.

Help!

Guy

The most likely thing is that a crazy file (probably gfsdat0 … with a 04/31, maybe???) got created. If you find a file liek that, or maybe a gfsdat0…txt file with a size different from the rest, please send it to me and then delete that file and try again.

Let me know what happens! :slight_smile:

Tom

The files look good - they all are around 5K. Looking at the contents the date etc seem fine.

Guy

First, can you send me cormod0.txt? I can see if that triggers the error 13 here.

As for the analysis running well up to 6/17 before the error, that suggest something wrong in either a gfsdat0… file or your log files at that point. One experiment would be to selectively leave out (move to another folder) gfsdat0… files to see which, if any, is causing the problem. You can speed this process greatly by reducing the length of the analysis. You might also look at your log files (WD???) at that point to see if there’s some problem.

Let me know what you find. I can help more if you don’t soon find the culprit.

Tom

Odd - on my desktop, back to normal - on the server still error 62. All I did with the desktop is move files out and then back to check which may be causing an issue.

Attached is the cormod0.txt from my server.

cormod0.txt (983 Bytes)

That cormod0.txt file opens (when I click ‘Show corrections’) just fine on my computer. I am rather surprised at the large standard variations reported in the temperature the last 50 days (about 9 or 10 degrees) - has the temperature been highly variable the last couple of months?

Are you saying that with the exact same files, one computer has the error and the other doesn’t? Kind of strange!

Let me know anything else you can figure out.

Thanks,

Tom

Not sure whats going on here.

Copied cormod0.txt to my desktop from the server (backed up desktop file) - WXSim-Lite runs fine
Copied desktop cormod0.txt to server (backed up server file) - run time error 62

Copied executable from desktop to server - same issue. Some other file is corrupt?

Guy

I will have to look more closely at my code to figure out what the problem could be. Really, it ought to just be that cormod0.txt it’s looking at. I’ll post later regarding anything I can find. The different behavior on the two machines is really strange!

Tom

Hi Everyone,

Wxsin-lite has stopped working. I attached a screen shot. The cormod0.txt has a length of 0. Is this correct? As you can see on the screen shot I’m getting an Error 13.

Thanks,

John

Hi Everyone,

Must have been a data issue, it cleared up on it’s own. Running fine now.

John

Great! Thanks for letting us know. :slight_smile:

Tom

Tom, any more thoughts on my error. I have even renamed cormod0.txt and I still get the error. At this point I have taken WXSim-Lite out of the forecasting routine and am just using WXSim.

Guy

I now have the exact same problem. Each time I try and download the forecast I get a runtime error 62. All gfsdat files are 5k in size. I have also moved the data from one pc to another …