Console WD - Downloading station data

Hi all,

New to the Linux version of WD (always run it on Windows and it does excellently).

Just wanted to know, if I installed this on a raspberry pi, does the consolewd download missing data from the station it’s connected to on boot up? (like the windows version does with my vantage vue?)

Thinking of running it sporadically, not constantly and wanted to know if it could download the missing data from the station’s stored memory.

Thanks

no, I have not enabled that functionality

Thanks for the reply Brian!

the reason being that its designed to be running all the time, not sporadicly

Yeah, that’s how I run my main installation of WD on a dedicated server. This application would be solar powered however so I’m trying to be conservative on how much uptime there will be.

Thanks anyway!

I was thinking of switching to the Linux version, but this could be a show stopper.
What happens during power failures, reboots or down time for whatever reason? Do we just lose the data for that time?

The data will still be held in your weather station if it has that ability, however RPiWD won’t look back. Once the power comes back on, it will continue to log but you’ll have a break in the data corresponding to the length of time it wasn’t running.

Hi Brian:
Can you add this functionality to the linux version? I understand it is designed to run all the time, and I intend to run it all the time as I do with the windows version. However there are times when we just don’t have control over the power. In my area we get heavy thunderstorms and tend to lose power during the summer months. My computers are all on battery backup but that only last for so long and the power outages can go for hours.
It never fails that the outages always come at the times that I want continues and accurate data collection (during thunderstorms). I transfer all of the data that WD collets to a SQL database so I really need to get all of the data out of the console. It’s a Davis VP by the way.
Would really like to move WD to linux. Is there anything you can do?

Thanks

Jeff

for consolewd for linux version?

That would be a nice option in wd console. I running into problem with raspberry shutting down console. I’m losing to much data.

Thanks
Jay

I plan on running “Weather Display for Linux GUI version Version on 5 January 2015”
or “Weather Display for Linux console version Version on 24 November 2013”

Not sure yet, will depend on testing but most likely the gui version.

Thanks

Any thoughts Brian?
Is this doable so it catches up like the windows version?

Thanks

Jeff

Bump.

Any chance Brian? Please, I really want to get away from windows.

yes, it is doable
for what operating system and what hardware?

Brian
Linux Debian, Davis VP2 would work for me.

Thanks
Jay

Thanks Brian. I’m using the Davis VP2. OS is Linux, either Debian or Centos.

Please, if possible I’d love to have that functionality also on the Raspberry Pi version running Raspbian.
My weather station is WH1081 kinda

Thanks,

Per

Brian

Will there be an update to this request in the future?

Jay

i add also for this request, Raspbian and Irox pro x,
all is very stable on raspberry (4 mount atm), problem is only the sd card, time to time go in paradise (hot temperature?)
tnx , raf

I will look at adding history data catch up on start up for the Davis VP and WH1081 to consolewd (both linux and raspberrypi versions) over the coming days