No fresh GFS data on Wxsim forecast today (06.04.15)

It seems very logical to concentrate responses to a topic in a common thread.

I totally agree :smiley:

Javier

Thanks Steve. I’ll make sure I do that (although I thought I already did).

Tony - that sounds like a good idea.

Sorry if I’m having as senior moment here but…

Are we saying start each new thread with a specific title which shows exactly what the problem is? Because it seems to me taht at least some of the replies are a bit confusing and suggesting each response has its own title.

I would expect each new thread to have a specific title, however that does not usually stop folks from posting non-related stuff in any thread.

Stuart

Hi Stuart,

There is an old saying “You can please some of the People some of the time, but not All of the People all of the time.”

I suppose this example fits well with that saying, to the point that I’m also sorry that I do not understand your question.

Also sorry that I do not have time to go through it in detail, to the point that if you would like me to delete the above post please let me know and I will do so.

I am afraid I may be having a senior moment as well, to the point that I will not be engaging in the WXSIM threads any longer, I will monitor them though not contribute as it is at times thwart with engagements which I do not have time for and which only arise from a personal comment or suggestion I have made.

So I shall remove myself from that by being silent from here on in. Once I click Post that will be the last you hear from me.

Nothing against you Stuart, I just needed the prompt to keep my opinions to my self - for my own sake.

Kind Regards,

HI Tony, i think ya might have read Stuarts reply the wrong way and in turn i think Stuart thought you
was on about threads…

Stuart, i am of the understanding that Tony is referring to sub sections for the wxsim section for the various
wxsim elements such as wxsimmate, wxsimlite and wret, not threads perse, just sub sections

Yes it was in no way a criticism of Tony, merely me being a tad dense yesterday.

Now I think about it some more I can see that there is a confusion factor here regarding in particular reporting issues around GFS data and its use, mainly now because we have two different programs with differing download methods and structure. It is easy to say a GFS issue exists and not make it clear that it is a Lite GFS issue, although actually because I may have an issue with Lite GFS data but not WXSim GFS data (because I use Chris’ data) but others using Sam’s data have an issue with both.

I dont have any problem with having sub-boards, however I think that final decision has to be down to Tom to decide on a structure and Chris McMahon to implement it…

Stuart

Hi,
this morning i’ve an error on wxsimate when using Chris data.
HEre is the error: http://i.imgur.com/kuPGMBZ.png

Chris, have you already known?
No problem with Bohler data.
Regards,

Alessandro

Hi

I have the same problem. Switched to Bohler and its working fine.

Best regards,
Henrik

Appears to be a lot of tooing and froing between the 2, perhaps an auto switching routine would be a good idea?

Hopefully when the new server is fully up and running there will be less switching needed. The old server hardware has been retired.

Chris I saw via the WXforum what had happened, we are all very appreciative of all your hard work on this.

Stuart

Thanks Chris for all your time and effort! Great job well done! =D>

Cheers

:smiley:

MikeyM

I’m hoping the GFS data (06z 20150622) is now available. If anyone can confirm that it would be really good!

Hi Chris thanks for your efforts! But at the moment the server is unreachable :frowning:
http://wxd.weather-watch.com/wml_sys/wxsim_gfs_data.php?lat=40.89&long=16.85

Just tried to download the data with WXSimate and still getting that the GFS & GFS for Advection is not accessible, Chris.

Thanks for that. Might be a DNS or web server issue. I’ll take a look ASAP.

Same here Chris

MikeyM

ScreenShot003.gif

ScreenShot004.gif

Now it seems to work again! :smiley:

I think it was a DNS problem (the new server has a new IP address). The records have updated for me now so hopefully you should all start to see the change soon.

Looks good here too :slight_smile: