Looking for testers for the new Mac version :)

and another new update…removes some debug code from the Davis data logger update…
which makes that much faster now

Hi Brian B233 history data extraction working. (see Screen Shoots) and much faster. First screen shoot logfile while waiting for WD to download. 2 screen shoot data logger extraction. 3 logfile after startup

Thanks again
BTrip

Screen Shot 62015lg shut down 2015-06-16 at 7.38.55 PM.png

Screen Shot WD Data Logger 2015-06-16 at 8.21.53 PM.png

WD downloaded the data from the VP data logger then immediately crashed.

Started WD again. It downloaded the data that it had previously downloaded and saved. I know it has saved the data because I can see it on the graphs. It then immediately crashed.

Also, when a program crashes in OS X usually you get a message saying crash information will be sent to Apple. No such message appeared with these crashes. I don’t know why this is the case.

Hugh

Hi Brian,

Build 223, no change as far as data transfer from Weatherbridge is concerned. Data is apparently being sent to Weatherdisplay as indicated by the Meteohub missed data extraction window, but nothing appears in the main window, including the graphs. Previously the graphs were flatlining, then they appeared to be displaying data for a very brief time, then those stopped and no line is being generated at all now.

Aloha,

Mark

@Hugh Whalen
it must be a problem in your settings
as that is not happening here
and others are not reporting that

try running it from a terminal window (see my post above)

@mswatanabe
I really need to test by being able to access a meteohub, e.g via port forwarding (yours or someone elses)

@Hugh Whalen
if you could .zip and email me your settings files

next update , out soon,will fix where alot of settings are not sticking
(is due to a difference in the way the compiler handles tick boxes (I had the same problem I remember now with the original version…need to use onchange instead of onclick event)

build 224 is up :slight_smile:

Tried build 223 for about 4 hrs tonight. Works real well except it randomly closes at times. WD shutdown 3 times over the 4 hr period I was testing, did not see a definite cause for it.

I see build 224 is out now, I’ll try that tomorrow.

try running from a terminal window…as that should show about the error

I dont have that issue here in testing…but then that is just testing with minimal setup…so it might be one of the functions you have setup

Hi Brian,

Tell me what to do so you can access the Weatherbridge.

Aloha,

Mark

Hi
it needs to be port forwarded , via your router,so that then there is an external IP address and port that I can set to use

Hi Brian.

I’m not completely familiar with network terms and techniques, so can you tell me exactly what information to send you? i’m using an Airport Extreme as a router and can use port settings in Airport Utility to assign an IP address and public and private TCP and UDP ports to the Weatherbridge, which I’ve already done. IP address is 10.0.1.2 and all the ports are 80. What I don’t know how to do is get you access to the my network.

Aloha,

Mark

try looking up the help file for your router about how to set up port forwarding maybe

Hi Brian,

I’m private emailing you the Weatherbridge system data. Is that what you need?

Aloha,

Mark

Hi
that info has nothing usefull
there is another forum member who has made their meteohub available as port forwarded in the past
I will see if they are able to do that again

@mswatanabe
I have WD mac version working with meteohub data…(using Stuarts port forward data)
so the latest version does work…

one thing:
make sure you have setup the lat/long correctly in the sun moon rise/set
so that then WD knows your time zone (as the time needs to be in UTC time to get the data from the meteohub)
also there is debug info under view, debug info…what shows there
and also under view, program event log…anything there?
also with the history data window that shows up on start up,…click on abort…and then see what shows in the above for live data
and in the meteohub.txt file in the webfiles folder

@Hugh Whalen
I have fixed the error you were getting
latest version update :slight_smile:

Hi Brian, Mac build 223 stop logging data yesterday at noon WD was still running but not logging data. This morning I want into control panel /Data logger and set WD to get data from 12:05 Restarted WD. WD b223 was not able to retrieve the data I think the logger time out. Use B24 to recover data. I also try WD MacB224 but it is crashing on startup. Having to reset it one or two times to get it to run.

Debug Info MacB224
Loaded units
Comport open OK
connected OK to com port /dev/tty.KeySerial1
*sending DMPAFT
Asking for archived data download
data length 5
Asking for data
Davis VP Retrieving data from: day 18 month 6 year 2015
Retrieving data from: hour 5 minute 20
data length 7
sending OK
data length 267
***formating data
Time :05:19
Date :06/18/2015
***formating data
Time :05:20
***formating data
Time :05:21
***formating data
Time :10:42
Date :06/16/2015
*formating data
Time :10:43
Date :06/16/2015
finished data block

sending OK after 5 blocks of data

All data downloaded or did not sync correct!
formating the VP data
vp data read in 1
Comport open OK
connected OK to com port /dev/tty.KeySerial1
Weather station type number 31
/Library/WebServer/web/wx/
**** running cronftpreal

Thanks
BTrip

Hi Brian,

Lat/Long appear to be set correctly, 21

@mswatanabe
it looks like WD is not converting to the correct UTC time
(the test worked here with Stuarts meteohub because it just so happened that it was setting to the correct UTC hour (less 12 hours))
I will add in some more debug code

@bdtripps
the problem at noon most likely would have been the FWI update
try deleting the fwi.inf and fwinew.inf data files from the datafiles folder maybe (when WD is not running)