Looking for testers for the new Mac version :)

Thanks Brian!!! Yes, converting the logfile year to date worked, I just couldn’t find where to select it, thanks for the reminder that it’s on the Action menu.

It’s also great you’ve discovered the loss of focus I was seeing, my rapidfire is every 4 seconds so WD is hard to modify as focus keeps going lol.
Thanks again!

use a new WD mac version update re the loosing focus issue with WU rapid fire

Yay - I can use WD now without having to keep clicking - thanks for fixing the focus issue!

that’s good :wink:

Hello folks. I could use some help with a few small issues.

1. You can see in the attached screenshot that I have a number of files of zero size in my webfiles folder. These are a light grey in colour and are all named forecasticon5x.jpg-xxxx. It doesn’t take long before there are thousands of these files in my webfiles and it becomes very cumbersome and slow to do any work in the this folder. They may be related to the forecast5day.jpg file. Does anyone have any idea why these are being created and how to stop it.

2. how can I stop creating the forecast5day.jpg?

3. You can also see in the same screenshot that there are a few wx.html files. I don’t use these files and would like to know how I can stop creating and uploading these? In Advanced Internet Settings (File#26) both the creation and upload lights are set to green and I can’t turn them off. I’m wondering if there is another switch somewhere that causes them to be created.

4. I am getting quite a few “Saving Bitmap Failed” errors in the Program Event Log. Any idea what might be causing this?

5. The automatic Data Backup doesn’t work. If I use the Test button, the backup works, but it doesn’t seem to work in auto mode. Any ideas on this?

Many thanks for any help.

Screen Shot 2016-02-07 at 10.05.55 AM.png

for 2:
make sure you not set in customise internet and file creation setup (file #40) and or make sure in wdislay.ini
[new forecast heading]
upload to web=

is set to no

re #3, is the switch off there for create and upload?

for 4, that might be related to 1

for 5, is the enable switch on when you go to control panel, data back up?

news: build 263 is ready, which has a new feature…see if you can spot it

Hi Brian Temp in in dock icon nice 8)

BTrip

WD-New-Feature 2016-02-07 at 9.19.11 PM.png

+1 8)

Thanks for your help, Brian.

1. how can I stop creating the forecast5day.jpg?

The custom internet and file creation are both off. I added that setting to wdisplay.ini and that worked. It also stopped creating all those zero byte files in the webfiles folder. This was my problem number 1.

1. Stop creating and uploading wx.html files.
    Yes, the switch was off. I changed the setting in wdisplayftp.ini (do option = no) and that fixed it. Don’t know why the Advanced Internet Settings wouldn’t work.

2. The automatic Data Backup doesn’t work.
    Yes, the enable switch is on.
    Here are the settings from WDISPLAY.INI
    [New backup location]
    manual=yes
    hour=13
    do it=yes

I wonder if the manual switch should be set to “no”. I’ll try that.

Thanks

re number 5, I will do some testing here when I get some spare time

Brian
I updated last night to the 264 build and the import from the WMR300 seems to be broken
I am seeing the data count increase but the data is not updating the temp is showing 28 yet the station shows 11.6F
Any ideas? reverted back to build 262 and working again.
Ian :?

I have not changed anything with the wmr300 that I can remember
is the time/date on the wmr300 console correct?

Yes the date and time are correct .

If I roll back to version 262 all works great and records data correctly.

Update to 264 and although the data light blinks and shows data count increasing it does not show any values in the application

OK, I think I know whats wrong, I removed a long code when I was doing some debugging
I will get a new update up for you

new update ready…

Brian thank you for the quick response
Just loaded 264 and got the same result I will try again in the morning

Ian

are you sure you have the update?
if you could .zip and email me the files, from your /user/[yourusername]/Documents/wdisplay/ folder
outhidusbdataD3.txt
outhidusbdataD4.txt
outhidusbdataD5.txt
outhidusbdataD6.txt

and the wdisplayftp.ini and WDISPLAY.INI files and I will test here

Just sent you the files same results after downloading the build again
Again thanks for your support

Can you also look at the signature settings I could never seem to get that going :oops:

Thank you for all the support
Ian

the latest update should get the WMR300 data working

re signature banner , I will test/chek

have fixed not being able to setup the signaturebanner now (i.e the setup menu was not visible)
latest new update :slight_smile:

re the temperture in the icon, I was thinking could alternate the main weather data every second there…