Error 5 in wxmain

Hi folks, got a new one, error 5 in wxmain, i cant even find a wxmain and theres nothing showing
in the search with regards to this :confused:
I hve even tried deleting all the last*** files but that didnt help :cry:

WRET is also unusable , see other error attached :frowning:

I did do the latest updates to windows prior to these errors…

Any thoughts please

Untitled.png

FWIW,

My 10:00AM EDT Auto run ran fine but my 1:00PM EDT Scheduled Auto run crapped out with an error 5. I tried Auto run a few times with no joy.

George

Ah, thats interesting, least i aint broke it :confused:
I wonder how many more have this occur today then?

Hi,

no changes and new installations in my WIN7, but tonight first time getting ERROR 6, after clicking OK, getting ERROR 5 (cannot close, just using the task manager…

Similar error here also.

Doug

Untitled10.png

Just found that the error does not occur when you DONT import the data

More testing, it only occurs when you import main data, its fine if you
just import local data

Hi

I have the same problem.

Best regards,
Henrik

Hmmm

I have tried rebooting computer and importet fresh data by WXSIMATE.

The problem continues

1. Error 5 in wxmain - only option is to click OK. And I can keep continuing clicking OK and the percent is slowly rising in the forecast progress…

Best regards,
Henrik

Update:

I just checked Christians (www.cpvejr.dk) wx-computer and WXSIM and he has the same error - so it seems to be a general problem?

Best regards,
Henrik

Yep, looks like an issue with something in the downloads at the moment.
I’ve just re-downloaded the WXSimate data but changed from using GFS from Bohlar to downloading from Chris and WXSim ran fine, yet I also saw Error 5 & Error 6 in wxmain on my 1800 forecast run.

I can’t say there is anything wrong with the Bohlar data, but that’s all I changed.

It also looks like there’s bad data in the latest WxSim-Lite download from Bohler as well.

Steve

cheers Martin, That sorted it :slight_smile:

Hi again

I got it working too after changing to McMahon data in WXSIM

Best regards,
Henrik

Yes, happening here too - both error 6 and error 5 in wxmain were popping up. Luckily I was sitting at the computer and watching at the time the auto run was going and spotted it - on the bit of the output screen that was completed, I saw that forecast temperatures were going extremely high like 193

[quote author=DerekH link=topic=60667.msg483788#msg483788 date=1433358079]
Yes, happening here too - both error 6 and error 5 in wxmain were popping up. Luckily I was sitting at the computer and watching at the time the auto run was going and spotted it - on the bit of the output screen that was completed, I saw that forecast temperatures were going extremely high like 193

Hi,

Mine still not working after changing wxsimate to McMahon.
Same crash. Tried to delete some data but problem remains.
Deleted also wxsimlite fiile which is corrupt. No solution.

Hope Tom can help.

Best regards,
Oebel

I found my WXSIM caught in an error 5 dialog (repeating), so thanks to the above suggestion, just switched from Bohler to McMahon for GFS on WXSIMATE, did a download and local, then WXSIM ran fine with no errors…

Best regards,
Ken

Unfortunately, I tried using the download from Chris’ site, but WxSim still gives me the error 5. I compared wdata.txt after a McMahon download with wdata.txt after a Bohler download that they were exactly the same. So, I’m at a loss as to what’s causing the error.

Steve

Hi,

I could not find the file which caused the error.
So I replaced a backup from wxsim from 6 p.m. today. At that time the wxsim run worked well.
So now it is working again after changing Bohler to McMahon.
Always good to backup every day. :slight_smile:

Tom, I have all files from my wxsim version which crashed. May be you want some files to investigate what is wrong?

Best regards,
Oebel

For me switching to Chris did the magic…Thanx for suggestions :wink:

EmsiWx

BTW. if any1 from EU interested in WRF/GFS/GEM/ECMWF outputs (processed) see my http://emsiwx.wix.com/weather4unew