Runtime error nr. 62

Hi Tom,
from about a couple of days on my friend’s pc there is this error:
http://i.imgur.com/CKERBKj.jpg

I don’t know which file produced this error but i’ve attached wret log to check better.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Regards,

Alessandro

wretlog.txt (910 Bytes)

There are a few threads about Runtime error 62 using Search but this one may help: http://discourse.weather-watch.com/p/457963 :wink:

Hi Martin,
i’ve already red that thread but i didn’t solve my issue.
In this case, there is only one .wxf file…i’ve tried to delete it but without lucky.
Regards,

Alessandro

Hi Alessandro,

If the error is still occurring, please try this experiment:

(1) Temporarily disable any use of WXSIM-Lite or autolearn, and diable auto run, and then do a very simple manual forecast (Start/Full Start) importing NO data (just click OK to everything) and then, when the forecast compeltes, click the Repeat button on the output form. If an error occurs during this process, let me know. If not, proceed with the following steps:

(2) Re-enable auto run, and do a ‘Run Immediately’ forecast.

(3) If no error occurs there, re-enable autolearn (‘Use learned bias corrections’), and finally

(4) Re-enable use of WXSIM-Lite (if you are using it).

This process should really help discover the problem. Let me know what happens!

Tom

Hi Tom,
thanks for reply.
I’ve just done all steps without any errors.

My friend have a non-professional copy of Wxsim … he has a standard mode so he doesn’t use AutoLearn and Wxsimlite.
I let you know how it goes on the next two steps (3.00am and 7.00am).
Cheers,

Alessandro

This morning both errors nr. 62 and 70.
Probably error 62 at 3.00am and nr. 70 at 7.00am.

Alessandro,

I don’t know if this will help, but if you’ve seen the other thread about WXSim-Lite and Error 5 & 6 showing, there seems to be an issue with the GFS data from Bohlar at the moment. If he’s using that data it may be worth swapping to Chris’s data and see if that makes any difference. :wink:

Unfortunately not Martin,
he used MCmahon data :frowning:

Alessandro,

I had a friend have the error 62 occur today. I did a quick search and found that an empty custinit.txt file will cause this. I checked my friend’s system and, sure enough, custinit.txt was 0 bytes. I renamed custinitbak.txt to custinit.txt and now WxSim runs fine.

Hopefully this might help your friend.

Steve

Hi Steave,
already checked, custinit.txt is ok :frowning:
I’ve attached it on the first post.
Regards,

Alessandro

Hi Tom,
do you have any other idea about this error?
Many thanks,

Alessandro