WDLiveapp on iPad not working

Has anyone had success in getting the WDLive app working on their iPad? I have it working on my iPhone6 but for some reason have had no luck with my iPad. I’ll freely admit my knowledge of networking and coding is minimal so I don’t exactly understand how it works but after turning the feature on in WD, the data started flowing on my phone. When I try to view data on my iPad it doesn’t show. My iPad is an iPad2 with retina that came out 3 years ago. It does have the latest iOS.

Also…for Chris or a perhaps a moderator…was wondering if we should have a separate category in the forum for this new(er) app so as not to confuse it with the iWD app. I wasn’t sure where to post this question. Thanks.

I have it working here on my iPad
is yours connected to your wifi?
one thing…try restarting the wdsendtetherdata program?

Re: the forum. Is iWD dead now this other app is out? We only have 7 topics in this forum so I would be more inclined to convert it to WDLiveapp if that’s the future rather than open yet another one.

I will do some re testing on my iPad
but have to go to a school sports day now
iWDpro for iOS is still available and works…but it cant be updated as I lost too much of the source code to reserect (did have a back up but not the latest version)

I have it working on both Iphone and Ipad…but, just a word of caution. IF you access the app on the phone…my experience is you MUST first kill the tether and restart it, THEN attempt to access from the Ipad.

It appears that the Tether program will not associate itself with a second device once it has established a connection initially…

This is my experience anyway…Good Luck

I was going to suggest that might be the problem
what I could do is to get the tether program to restart every minute ?

I think that could work…will check out the behaviour after you make the change.

Thank you! I was able to get it to work on my iPad. I found that simply exiting/restarting the tether program did not make a difference however restarting WD did fix it. When home I’ll likely only be using it on my iPad and don’t need it running on both iphone and ipad simultaneously.

Bill