Control Panel Icons do not Respond

interesting about the dirplot.gif
if you turn that off, does that fix it?
the first lot of emails did not show much info about where the error was occuring
but one of them did show as error in my code with the FWI graph update, and I have fixed that

Brian,
When I came home to my computer I found an error and I had it send it to you, about 1945 CDT. I have also included an edited copy of my programerrorlog.txt. This log starts when I installed the debug versions. Please note the following;
Initial version of debug was installed 0816 5/22/15
Second version of debug (send directly to server) was installed at 2050 5/22/15
The programerrorlog stops after sending the report and restarting WD. Thanks.
jp

programerrorlog.txt (22.7 KB)

your error report does not provide any clues (i.e none of my actual code is identified)
(but I have though fixed an error with the FWI graph in a new debug update (re same URL as earlier)
I do have another Debug method so lets try that…standy by

Thanks Brian, I’ll wait for the new debug and give it a try.
Jp

new update
http://www.weather-display.com/downloadfiles/weatherdisplaydebug.zip

Installed at 2051 CDT. I’ll let it run tonight and see how it goes. Fingers crossed…
jp

Woke up with an error report.
jp

Brian,Just updated to latest debug so we’ll see how it goes.

Brian,
It just sent a bug report to you.
Looking at the program error report it started with the special file conversion update and had an error everytime it ran after that. It did run for about 2 hours before the first error occurred.
Tom

the error reports from this debug component dont shed any more light
i.e the error is occuring in a compiler system file
I will ask for help on a tech forum about what might be causing this to happen

but it would be great if you guys could turn off things (i.e things you have set to update to internet or similar) . until the error stops
then add back until you know which one is causing the problem
will take a bit of effort on your parts…thanks guys!

Brian,
I have shut off the following:
Twitter
CWOP
PWS Weather
Weather Underground

The only thing I left on was NOAA Warnings, and if I get another error I’ll stop that too.
jp

Brian,
I only have the special file conversion #29 and dirplot.gif creating. I turned them both off for now.
My guess is the special file conversion because I had offset the time for that to happen and every error started at the time the special file conversion ran.

@weatherbee
it could be the special file conversion…see if you can narrow that down…
if so then if could could email me that template file used and your settings files so I can try and duplicate here the erorr

Brian,
On special file conversions I was creating testtags.php and a WeatherViewTags.xml. I now just create the testtags.

it could be something in the testtags conversion too

You could be right. Looking at my programerrorlog.txt I see errors after updating warmest day and coldest night.

see errors after updating warmest day and coldest night.
those are not errors, but just program event logs...just to show that has been done I really need to move those events to view, program debug info instead (I will probably get people then say why is that event not being logged though?...thoughts ? (as you are not the first person to think that was a logged bug))

Brian,
I have sent the files in an email to you.
Tom

Ok, thanks Brian. Actually I have had no reason to look at the programerrorlog until this issue started in the beta version, so it’s kind of new to me.
jp

@jpmorgan49
if you could .zip and email me your settings files and any template files converted like testtags.php
and I will see if I can duplicate the error you are getting there :wink: