Control Panel Icons do not Respond

Brian,
I went 12 hours with the Almanac unchecked and my control panel is now unresponsive. I’m running the debug from your link and see what happens. I’ve attached my programerrorlog.txt file. I copied this file as soon as the debug version started.
jp

programerrorlog.zip (83.7 KB)

so you are not getting a eurekalog window about where the error is, with that special debug version posted above?

Sorry for the confusion. I grabbed the error file immediately after installing the debug version. The debug version has been running for about 5 hours now and haven’t had an error since I started it. I have not tried to check the almanac box, would you like me to try that? Thanks.
jp

no, as you got the error with that unticked
also the WU almanac is only run auto between midnight and 6am

All I got was the program trying to send an email but it wouldn’t go. I can’t find any error log except the programerrorlog which is the same as the regular WD.

Brian - feedback on the WD Exe that was posted several posts ago as a possible solution. Still a control panel freeze, and this version seems to send the disk into a frenzy. Build 81 - limited disk activity and disk noise. The Version you posted has the disk at 100% 2 to 3 times per minute, and Weather Display goes into a ‘not responding’ mode.

At any rate, since there are 3 people getting your attention in this thread, I am bowing out and maybe a fix you do for them will also work for my issue. If not I may try and post again until someone decides to chime in.

I am going back to 81 for a while.

Craig

@weatherbee:
so it did try and send a bug report email…did a screen come up though about the error?
I think it tries to use your default email settings
but I also think I can get it to use my email server, so I will see about that
also if you could .zip and email me your settings files and I will see if I can duplicate the error here

I have updated the debug version
http://www.weather-display.com/downloadfiles/weatherdisplaydebug.zip
it should now use my email server to send the crash info email :wink:
thanks guys

I ran the updated debug, it’s 2050 here so I’ll let it run tonight and see what happens. Thanks.
jp

Brian,
I uploaded new debug version last night and this morning it sent an email to you.
Looking at the programerror log I see the access violation happens everytime the special file conversion happens and a dirplot.gif is created. It doesn’t start right away but happens after the program has been running for 20 minutes to sometimes 2 hours after it starts.
Tom

I also froze again today and and i had the same error occur every 15 minutes and i also have the dirpolt.gif set to upload every 15 minutes

interesting about the dirplot.gif
if you turn that off, does that fix it?
the first lot of emails did not show much info about where the error was occuring
but one of them did show as error in my code with the FWI graph update, and I have fixed that

Brian,
When I came home to my computer I found an error and I had it send it to you, about 1945 CDT. I have also included an edited copy of my programerrorlog.txt. This log starts when I installed the debug versions. Please note the following;
Initial version of debug was installed 0816 5/22/15
Second version of debug (send directly to server) was installed at 2050 5/22/15
The programerrorlog stops after sending the report and restarting WD. Thanks.
jp

programerrorlog.txt (22.7 KB)

your error report does not provide any clues (i.e none of my actual code is identified)
(but I have though fixed an error with the FWI graph in a new debug update (re same URL as earlier)
I do have another Debug method so lets try that…standy by

Thanks Brian, I’ll wait for the new debug and give it a try.
Jp

new update
http://www.weather-display.com/downloadfiles/weatherdisplaydebug.zip

Installed at 2051 CDT. I’ll let it run tonight and see how it goes. Fingers crossed…
jp

Woke up with an error report.
jp

Brian,Just updated to latest debug so we’ll see how it goes.

Brian,
It just sent a bug report to you.
Looking at the program error report it started with the special file conversion update and had an error everytime it ran after that. It did run for about 2 hours before the first error occurred.
Tom