Oregon scientific wmr300

Just bought a Oregon Scientific wmr300 for primary use of feeding data to a web-page.

I’m not running any windows machines (Ubuntu both at home and at work).
Checked the Supported Weather station page here before the purchase and it was supported. Good, then I can get some kind of data export and have something to publish online.

How do I get it to work? WMR300 is not something that I can choose in the settings (Only tested GUI version).

For you that has Windows, is the orginal software from OS including some way to publish the weather readings to a webpage or some kind of export I can read from?

~JoG

Hi
the WMR300 is supported in the windows version of weather display
I would need to add support for this station to the linux version of weather display

Is that something that’s in the plan to do soon?
If so, how soon?

Got to find another solution if the support for wmr300 is to far away.

well it wont be tomorrow as I am cooking burgers all day for a school fundraiser

Now that should have been fast, but nothing that I expected.
But it’s that easy that it can be added pretty soon then I guess?

Just bought myself a new Raspberry Pi to connect my WMR300 to. So when you have the time it would be greatly appreciated.

~JoGi

they key to adding WMR300 support to the linux version is getting the
hidapi library compiled to create a hidlib.so file on the platform needed (e.g raspberry pi or linux 32 distro)
I am not sure if this is the correct one to use
http://www.signal11.us/oss/hidapi/
as there are a few iterations out there
if that one creates a hidlib.so file then we can test…e.g on linux (.zip and email me that file if you can get it created via the make)