Error 13 - WXSIMLite

It would appear that I can no longer create a forecast with wxsimlite. Each time it runs to produce a forecast I get the following error.

“Error 13 (type mismatch.) Last file attempted to be opened was cormod0.txt. Last file successfully opened was cormod0.txt.”

What does that mean, and how to fix?

Hi,

I was getting the Error 13 a couple of day’s ago, it has cleared itself up. It could be a data issue.

John

Well after 5 days, it still crashes. It also crashes when it starts the “Second pass” when trying to do a full scan.

Any ideas before I delete it completely?

I had something similar awhile back, I assume there is a bad file somewhere, I couldn’t get my issue addressed via email…I deleted all the forecast files in wxsimlitedata folder and started over gathering two weeks worth of data…all has been running fine for me now for 2-3 weeks.

OK thanks,

Clearly no other option but to delete and start again. :roll:

Be sure NOT to delete the saved gfsdat0… files. If the problem is one of them, you could maybe just move them to a different folder. I can help you figure this out. An experiment might be to move just a fraction of them to another folder. If we can find the offending file, I could see what’s wrong with it and make WXSIM-Lite better at recognizing such problems and avoiding the error (I’m not sure it’s oe of those files, but it could be).

Tom