Steelseries Gauges for WD

Just checked again and the cloud height had reset itself from ft to m; i.e., apparently the cookie didn’t hold that option. It’s now showing 9,300 ft.

Another puzzle piece…

Hi John,

Wow! We never get values like that in the UK - hence I’ve never seen this behaviour before.

OK two things…

First the cookie holds the ft/m unit on your web site for me - I suggest you delete all cookies and data in your browser for your site only and try that again. I have seen similar things from time to time with various sites in Chrome and that usually fixes it.

Second, the gauge ‘bouncing around’ thing. This is caused in part by your very high values, and the gauge performing some logic to try and produce a ‘nice looking scale’

A quick fix whilst I think about how to handle this more elegantly would be to add an extra config parameter at line 2528…

params.niceScale = false;

Actually a more elegant ‘patch’ would be to ignore that first one and add an extra line at 2577…

cache.maxValue = ssGauge.getMaxValue();

So that code block now reads…

if (cache.maxValue !== ssGauge.getMaxValue()) {
                        ssGauge.setValue(0);
                        ssGauge.setMaxValue(cache.maxValue);
                        cache.maxValue = ssGauge.getMaxValue();
                    }

Mark,

Added the one line - cache.maxValue = ssGauge.getMaxValue(); - and dumped all cookies for the site.

Gauge is behaving nicely, but… ceiling is currently only 11,400 ft and will probably take two days for this one to clear out and get back to 20,000+. Will let you know.

Thanks for the quick reply. :smiley:

Mark,

Finally! Cloud height now 22,700 ft and the gauge is behaving perfectly. Max height displayed on the face is 30000 (initially it was 25000 but decided to jump up) so it has that in hand as well.

Thanks again.

Whoa! 114.6F and 3% RH in Phoenix 8O

Yep. Just a tad warm for the day, niko. Record high for today is 115

Can someone tell me the procedure for how difficult it is to insert the script fro the gauges. I don’t need a step-by-step, but is it as simple as cutting/pasting the script into my website code? thanks.

Basically, yes. But do follow the instructions or you could easily get lost.

Thanks. Seems like there’s a couple places for the instructions. Can you provide best link?

Use the one in the .zip file you downloaded to get the scripts.

@ jzinckgra…Maybe explain a bit more of what youre trying to do…

if ypu want to ,lets say just add 1 temperature dial somewhere in your web page and only copy the temp.Dial’s code part in the gauge-ss.html page wel… it just wont work .

Its not as easy as 1-2-3 :wink:

I’m reading the directions on installing the gauges, but am I supposed to use the Cumulus directions to get started, cause when you scroll to the WD directions, all that is listed is this:

These files will work with WD if you switch the following value in gauges.js:

weatherProgram : 0,
To…
weatherProgram : 1,

This will make the script use the WD customclientraw.txt file rather than the Cumulus realtimegauges.txt file. A template for this file suitable for processing by WD is provided in the zip file - customclientrawlocal.txt

To process the customclientrawlocal.txt, in WD you need to:

in control panel, webfiles/web page setup, real time ftp setup
see the custom client raw file setup...and tick to create that
make sure the needed customclientrawlocal.txt is in the clientraw folder location

The provided HTML files gauges-ssT.htm etc, are designed to be ‘processed’ by Cumulus before uploading to the web site and renaming as gauges-ss.htm This processing replaces all the tags like <#location> with general information about your station (the station name) in this case.

To use the templates with WD you will have to manually edit the HTML file, and replace each of these tags with information appropriate to you. I suggest you then save the file as gauges-ss.htm

You will also want to replace the Menu bar at the bottom of the HTML page which is specific to the Cumulus sample web pages.
customclientrawlocal.txt

The value for Humidex is set to Celsius by default. You may want to change this tag from %humidexcelsius% to %humidexfaren% if you use Fahrenheit as your temperature scale. (there is no WD tag to report the value in your default scale). This and the forecast tag (see above) are the only things you should have to edit in the ccr file.

I’m confused as where to start and which files from the zip folder I’m supposed to upload to my server. thanks.

unzip the customclientrawlocal.txt to the WD web files folder
then in the real time ftp setup in WD set to upload the customclientraw

once you have that uploading, then follow the instructions provided

I see the txt file, but there’s nothing to really unzip, right? Should I just cuut/paste the file into the WD web files folder?

there is also a customclientrawlocal.txt included with the WD install files anyway

I am thinking I might do a youtube help video for the steel gauges setup…

Hello guys , sorry to bother you, I have some problems in configuring this plug SteelSeries can you help?

Uploads are not the data , I have extracted the archive steelserie directly inside my site , here is the ’ Address where there ’ graph .

http://ombarcellonapg.com/wdisplay/SteelSeries/web_server/gauges-ss.htm

I also renamed the file gauges-ss-basic.htm in gauges-ss.htm before exporting it on the site .

did you configure the /scripts/gauges.js?

yes, my customclientraw.txt : http://ombarcellonapg.com/wdisplay/customclientraw.txt

in the file gauges.js configured :

weatherProgram : 1,

realTimeURL_WD : ‘…/wdisplay/customclientraw.txt’,

ok…

first,be careful with the www. of your website must always be there to avoid problems #-o

take care of that problem first…cuz for me,it looks ok on the gauges.js