Facebook uploads still not happening

I assume this is still a facebook problem, none of my facebook uploads have been working for a while now,WD says its Updated OK when I try a Test, is anybody else still having probs, would have thought facebook would have had this sorted by now
running WDbeta vers 10.37R262

Is due t FB changing, Brian is on to them, its just a waiting game now…

there is another thread about this
there was a breaking change by facebook on the 30th april
I thought it was just to use api 2 instead of 1
which I implemented on the 20th april
but it turns out facebook removed the permission to allow the app to post on your behalf

its still working for me…but thats probably because I am the developer…

I have submitted a review of the wdfacebook.exe app to facebook to get added back permission to post on your behalf
this review takes 5 working days
and they may come back with more question

Thanks for looking into this Brian, so does this only apply to me or everyone trying to post to facebook

you will see from the other thread that others are affected
I tested creating a new app in the facebook developer website, and the permission to post on your behalf, which was removed, is not even there now by default
so the only way forward is for facebook to allow that permission back for wdfacebook.exe
they will either do that
or come back asking questions, maybe even wanting a tests program (which means ios or android (i.e so I would need to create a program for them to test etc)

its a pita that is none of my doing

It seems that it’s happening with Twitter too … see my just posted post!!

Richard

my review request to allow wdfacebook.exe to allow to post on your behalf was declined
reason
People must enter all content in the user message field. Your app can’t auto-populate the message field with any content, including links and hashtags, even if you allow users to edit the content before sharing.
Please remove any pre-filled text from your shared content before resubmitting for review.

Don’t prefill captions, comments, messages, or the user message parameter of posts with content a person didn

Thanks for the update Brian, i take it all that means is that you as the author cannot put in the default tags/wording etc?

I dont think thats too much of a problem for the end user if thats the case :slight_smile:

ps, my twitter is fine too…

my take on it is that they now only allow posting of what you type in a message pane yourself…auto data is not allowed anymore…so we are stuffed

one work around is I create a new dummy android app with new api codes, where all it does it post what you type in …and get them to OK that
and then change to using those api codes for wdfacebook.exe new version
but that means though then doing exactly what is now not allowed and would be cheating…and I could get in trouble?

if you can hook your twitter account to your facebook account and get your data to your facebook account that way, then is the only way now by the looks

Ah well. Thanks for trying Brian.
Yes it looks like we are stuffed if the only allowed method is to manually post. I don’t think it is worth getting into trouble for.
I expect this will be also true for Twitter posting to Facebook as well - certainly not working for me.

HI Martyn,

I post to Facebook via Twitter and its working ok, I’ve made sure the message is less than 140 characters and it goes through, so it should work for you, I have to authenticate the WD permission with twitter every now and again though.

Ian

Thanks Ian,
I have tried several times but it doesn’t work for me - Twitter connects ok and it shows in Facebook apps list. But tweets don’t get through, even manual ones like “Just a quick test tweet for Facebook again”. Perhaps because I didn’t have it working before FB made their changes.
PS have you noticed your signature banner is huge with lots of white space? :wink:

do those tweets show up OK on your twitter account?

Mine Brian? Yes Twitter is fine with WD

Horfield Bristol Wx @HorfieldWeather

the next beta update should fix the email warning not making it to twitter :frowning:

Great :smiley: - I told my FB page fans to check my auto data on Twitter :wink:

its been suggested that this could be used:
https://dlvr.it/

I found http://postcron.com/ which looks like it would do it (but I don’t use either fb or twitter to try it).

If those apps can auto update fb, why isn’t WD allowed to?

WOW - it works :slight_smile:

one thing that might save wdfacebook.exe

is that I think it needs to request the permissions needed when it first authorises…and then you allow the permissions …in the authorise screen…e.g to post on your behalf
eg the publish_actions permission
I need to get the author of the component I use to add in that functionality

great that dlvr.it works in the mean time :slight_smile: