consoleWD and config.txt parameters

Hello

I just had memory failure in my ZBOX Nano running Ubuntu and consoleWD and had to switch to a Raspberry Pi B+ rather quick.

As the Raspberry runs on a SD-card which I’ve been told doesn’t handle much updates/writes before failing I’ve been wondering if I should have consolewd write to a RAM-disk.

Are there any options using config.txt to have consolewd write to a specific directory ?

(I would very much liked if a complete list of all parameters in config.txt were available somewhere…)

Regards,

Per

currently it saves to where its running (in the logfiles/webfiles/datafiles folders there)
so if you can run it from that ram disk ,then that would work
(or a usb drive or similar?)

It is a pity but some of the descriptions needed are lost with the server disk failure of this forum.
But this at least one is still there (partly) http://www.weather-watch.com/smf/index.php?topic=59102.0
The solution is to boot from the SD card and then have an USB disk to proceed.
If you would use a ram disk, i think all changed settings (totals) would be lost at a reboot as there is no “folder/directory” structure to put some of the things in a ram disk and all others on the SD card.

I am running consoleWD for multiple years from an SD cardand still with the same first quality card.
But that was a normal SD card, not a micro one.

Wim

Ok, I’ll look into how I could handle this.

I’ll probably have to take the following steps :

1. [li]Create RAM-disk on startup (In /etc/fstab : tmpfs /var/myweatherdata tmpfs defaults,noatime,nosuid,mode=0755,size=50m 0 0)
  2. Copy the whole consolewdfiles to RAM-disk on startup
  3. Autostart consolewd using a startup script in /etc/init.d
  4. Every 10 minutes sync the RAM consolewdfiles with the SD-card consolewdfiles using rsync and cron
  5. On shutdown do a nice kill of consolewd and synch files to SD-card

I’ll be back with more info when I’ve tried it out.

Regards,

Per