Server - 28th April 2015

Chris…thanks for all your hardwork. Yeah it does suck when this happens. We have all been there. Hope this shocks all of us out of complacency and make us run and check our backup systems. I have my once a decade situation and outside of one real HD failure it has been because of me. One 4tb drive of music for my DJ system, not backed up fully and had rare rips of vinyl, dropped on a floor when I picked up the laptop bag wrong. I didn’t know it was still in the bag. I sent it off to a drive recovery place in St. Louis (who I now find out are a rip off) and got all my files back. I have since made 3 dupes of it since the music is from the 40’s on up to recent (rock, country, blues, jazz, dance music). One 1tb external with my website config files on it and all my software iso’s and my Rasp Pi O/S’s…accidentally formated when I went to format a micro SD card for my Rasp Pi 2 and selected it by mistake. Couldn’t recover it but most of it was backed up. I have since made sure the weather station computer, video capture computer and main computer’s VIP files are backed up on a constant basis. So I hope this wakes us all up to check and double check our systems.