IMPORTANT: Server Rebuild - 28th April 2015

The weather-watch.com server suffered a catastrophic disk failure on 24th April. The server is being rebuilt, but there is a significant problem that you need to know about. Unfortunately the backup of the main database on the server hasn’t worked for some time, so the system has had to be restored to a copy of the database from January 2014, i.e. 15 months old. This means that all posts, comments, new users, changed user details (passwords, email addresses, etc) since January 2014 are lost. there is no way to recover this.

Please accept my apologies for this. I will be working to ensure that all future backups work correctly.

Work continues to bring back all functions of the server, so please bear with me whilst I complete that work.

Thanks,
Chris

PS. For the technically minded, the server runs on a pair of mirrored disks (hardware RAID 1). One disk suffered a mechanical failure and the other suffered from a serious disk corruption at around the same time. I had hoped to rebuild the RAID pair but the corruption was too severe so the only alternative was to have both disks replaced and then rebuild/restore the complete server from backups.