Joy!! WD Linux now working with Ultimeter; but a few questions/observations

Hi, Finally got the Ultimeter to talk to WD Linux running under VBox 8). I also downloaded WD for Windows, as I am more familiar with that OS and figured I would be sure my Ultimeter would work with WD and then use the same station settings for Linux. One thing I noticed on the display; The Ultimeter tab on the Windows version is much “neater” than that in the Linux version; could that have anything to do with the setup on my end? Also, I cannot get the Ultimeter “tab” to stay selected on a restart; it always comes up under Davis. Is there a way to get the setting I want to “stick”? I am running under Ubuntu 11.04, because as pointed out by another user previously, newer versions do not seem happy trying to run WD under VBox; it locks up

do you mean you are running WD Linux version
or WD windows on linux under windows emulation?

Hi Brian: My OS is Windows 7, and I am running WD Linux on a virtual machine (VBox) under windows. I also downloaded the Windows version, and can use them both (but not simultaneously). That is how I know that there is a difference in appearance on the Ultimeter tab. Hope that is a clear explanation.

Steve