Meteotemplate - new free website template

OK, can you PM me a link to your website with your adminPass so that I can look at it? It shouldnt do this.

Hi
I think I have it worked out now I only had imported data for 2015 to the main table
I noticed that the graphs on you demo referenced the temperature and that is taken from the main table
so I have imported log files for snow months in 2013 and 2014 and when I looked at the snow input again those 2 years showed in the dropdown list and I was able to enter data for 2013

thanks
Harold

Nice :slight_smile:

Btw. I wanted to have a look, I opened your webpage which uses Leuven, but I couldnt find any link to your new site, do you just keep it to yourself as a secret? :smiley: Could you give me a link, just out of curiosity, Im interested to see the actual snow at your place too. My template uses dummy data for this, so it is interesting to see for example the snow/temp correlations with real data.

Hi Jachym
the site is on This Link which I think you said was slow and you were getting time outs when you tried with the link earlier in this thread and I was unable to get it to work on my main site which is hosted.
Please try

Harold

Hmmm I dont know, I waited 30s and the page timed out…

can someone else please have a look and confirm if it is a problem on my side or if the page does not load in general?

I cant get it to load either from here

OK, thanks for the info Brian,

Harold I guess your server is either extremely slow (to the point it doesnt load within the server time out limit) or it does not work at all. Do you have any other hosting available where you could run the template?

Hi
have tried it on the only hosted site I have but would not let me talk to the database which is on a different server
sorry if you are unable to access the template on test unit
can you access my test Leuven template on the same unit Leuven test
I find it takes between 5 an d 10 seconds to load the Leuven template, but your template is taking a long time over a minute even locally

Harold

I didn’t time it but http://ballaugh.no-ip.biz:2081/template/index.php does (slowly) load for me.

Hi, no… it is just so slow that after 30s I get time out. I guess using this host is not the best idea.

Hi
looks as though the synology 213j I am using as a test host at home is not up to the job sorry about that, its primary roll is for backing up data but it was capable of running web pages and you don’t know if it works till you try.

Harold

Well there is no need to appologize… it is unfortunate especially for you since your page does not work. Finding a different host would solve the problem, it

Global Snow/Ice
A new plugin is now available, which shows current snow/ice cover in the world.

This plugin about snow does not use your station data, but rather shows data from observations and satellites around the world.

Currently four pages are available for various regions:

• world - this one shows several maps of current global snow and ice cover
  • U.S. - this page shows several maps for the United States and also regional maps, with the possibility to switch and set default
  • Canada - several maps of Canada, both national and regional
  • Europe - maps of snow cover and precipitation for Europe

Installation is very easy - again, just download, unzip and upload + add link to menu. There is just one optional thing, which is setting the default region for U.S. If you want some particular region to be shown as default (otherwise it will show national and let the user to choose themselves), then open us.php and at the very top find the line which tells you what are the possible regions that can be chosen.

Demo: http://www.meteotemplate.com/template/plugins/globalSnow/index.php
Download: http://www.meteotemplate.com/web/plugins.php
Info/comments: http://meteotemplate.com/blog/?p=271

good stuff
how about current global warming/climate change status map as another plugin idea?
(and combine with El Nino/La Nina status/indicators?)
:slight_smile:

Thanks Brian, I was actually also looking for some data for NZ and Australia as well, but I wasnt able to find anything usable apart from the global maps - either there is not much available or it is only available in the winter. If you know about something let me know.

With regards to your idea with climate change… all I can say is… “already in the works ;-)”

Hi Jachym, Impressive work!

We gained a bunch of goodies with this template and the only ones I’m truly missing are rapid fire with wind and maybe rain, and some lightning activity plugin.

Keep up the excellent work. I’ll be using this template for my PWS and site in Madrid.

PM…

Exclusive for WD!

LIVE GAUGES FOR WEATHER DISPLAY

A new plugin is now available - live gauges for Weather Display!

This plugin extends the functionality of the built-in gauges plugin and allows much faster updates. The whole idea of this plugin is that unlike any of the other scripts in the template, it does NOT use the database, and uses data from the clientraw text file directly. This means it allows viewing the most recent conditions. The database is of course still updated in the standard interval.

The plugin requires that you use Weather Display and that you upload clientraw.txt to your server. Also, it will only make sense if this upload is more frequent than your database update, otherwise it will just duplicate the already built-in gauges in the main template.

If you do have a clientraw file on your server updated more often, then setting it up will be very easy. There are several designs available for you to choose from. As you know I prefer the simple “material” design style, however I do understand that many prefer more colors, 3D effects, shadows etc. There are therefore several versions, some of which use the material design theme and others with more colors and 3D effects. You can also choose from two available sizes, where one is probably ideal for mobile devices as it fits on one screen, while the other one is easier to read on a PC.

Features

• live conditions with auto updates
  • several design themes
  • 2 sizes
  • solar sensor and UV gauge automatically displayed/hidden based on config.php settings
  • units either default or user-defined (linked to the rest of the template)
  • in the “color” theme, thermometer color changes between red/blue (if freezing)
  • precipitation gauge can be switched to show daily/monthly or annual rain
  • thermometer can be switched to show temperature/apparent temperature or dew point

Installation instructions available in the blog.

Demo: http://www.meteotemplate.com/template/plugins/liveGaugesWD/index.php - - please note: the demo uses dummy random data as I don’t have WD connected to my station and generating clientraw. To see all versions simply view the demo and then replace index.php by index2.php, … , index5.php

Download: http://www.meteotemplate.com/web/plugins.php
Info/comments: http://meteotemplate.com/blog/?p=274

PLUGIN UPDATES

I have decided to gradually begin updating all the plugins so that they can also be localized to different languages. I hope this will be useful to some of you as right now the plugins are all in English unless you translated them by hard-coding different strings. However, that is not an ideal situation for two reasons - first, the user cannot change language, so it will always be displayed in the language you translated it to and second, if I release an update, you would either have to stick with your current version or update and lose all the changes.

First plugins that are now localized are one of the most popular ones and ones that contain relatively lot of strings - the diary and the disasters. However, right now, basically they are still just in English, but that is simply because somebody will first have to help me and translate them so that I can include the language file. The way it works is that the plugins will always first search if there is a language string available for the language chosen, if not, it will use English. This means that if you wish to translate, you don’t even need to translate everything. The untranslated strings will simply remain in English.

Language files are placed in the lang directory and the translation follows the exact same logic as the language strings for the core template.

In addition, the updates also contain a few minor bug fixes so I recommend you update the files. In case of the diary there were some minor problems with the Moon phase calculation.

I also apologize to our Canadian friends and I have added the only one F5 tornado ever observed in Canada in the disasters plugin and thus also renamed the “US F5 tornadoes” site :-).

Make sure you read the instructions for updating the scripts in the blog, you might otherwise lose some valuable data!

Hi guys, I really apologize, I accidentally uploaded the ZIP file intended for the demo, which used random data.

I updated the ZIP file with the correct file.

Once again sorry about that, the current version should work fine.

Did not even have to reload!! Working fine. Nice job again Jachym