Meteotemplate - new free website template

Thanks Jachym

Not sure if this is the standard way WD works with logfiles.
I did previously have another station and then changed to a VP2 Pro Plus, so cant comment on how WD stores VP data ‘out-of-the-box’ but I think it will work the same way as mine with the vantagelog.

Yes I will merge the S column in via Excel though I do have 139 months of data so not looking forward to that!
While I am at it I will also bring in UV and ET to future-proof myself.

OK, well if you have that many months, my suggestion is you dont start.

Rather ask here on the forum about the default settings of WD:

• if this can be changed and logs that include S generated
  • if the default setting - i.e. separate S is the default and ONLY option than I would probably write an extra script for this as you will probably not be the only one affected by this, and also it would be ideal because I could use you as my guinea pig to test it :smiley:

Looks like this is standard behaviour, even if you were using the ‘Solar in a jar’ with an Oregon Scientific Station it would still be in the vantagelog.

See here:

http://discourse.weather-watch.com/p/173427

Brian also added functionality to extract solar data from data files into log files some time back:

http://discourse.weather-watch.com/t/55141

Happy to be a Guinea Pig!

OK,
so could you please send me several of your monthly logs, ideally always the major one and the solar one for the same months, lets say 2 or 3 months in total. One very important thing for me is whether the date/times match in the two files - in other words if the number of records and their corresponding date and times are the same, if yes then that would make things a lot easier.

hello Jachym…

just wanted to note…when viewing my meteotemplate on my cell phone…the header and footer sections dont display correctly across top and bottom of page, but the data and forecast seem to align ok. phone is a samsung galaxy S4 .

not a Big deal but thought I would let you know about it for in the future releases.

see screen capture of my homepage on my cell and how it looks below.

…chris

Hi Jachym…i wonder how its gonna work for the next release :roll:

if people are working on the actual release,adding links in menu,add images on their different pages adjusting the template to their likings ect;

in the next version, is it gonna be a restart from beginning ?..a re do of all de mods in the pages and config already made ?

I mentioned this before, this is partly going to be problematic.

So basically:

the updates will usually not include the following folders:

• icons
  • images
    those will not change, meaning you will not have to download and upload them unless I add quite a lot of pictures

I tried to put as much setting as possible into one single file - the config.php - and I will also try to avoid changing this, so you will always use that one without having to set up everything again.
Menu - this will also not be included in the updates

And then, I made this folder “custom” where you can put your own pages of whatever you like and that one obviously also will not change.

So basically there will only be changes in the pages as such, I already added some new functions in the weather station section, fixed several bugs etc. And the plugins will be the same thing. There is usully nothing to set in the plug ins so those will always be re-downloaded.

So if you change the menu, change the config, the custom pages… all that will remain even with updates.

Chris:
Thanks for posting that, I guess I will have to adjust the CSS. I want to create a plugin for mobiles, which will be like a very simple page/pages for mobile phones. The problem is that I myself do not own a smartphone, which makes it difficult to test. I know that it works ok on tablets, but I wasnt able to test phones.

hello

just thought I would show the others here following along with this thread and the Birth of the New Meteotemplates Jachym has released for us to tinker with a site I saw on the other forums/wxforums that has utilized the templates to further heights…

http://www.shermanctweather.org/meteo1/index.php

Very Impressive what Tom from Sherman CT. Has done…by adding the banner title at top which changes day/night mode just like the one on the world weather online page, and also has added many extra custom pages under his WEATHER Tab .

dont know what kind of magic trick he did to get the top banner from world weather online to top of his templates but will be nice when we can also do this in Future release. as for adding extra pages…just takes a little trial and error testing but once you figure out how to do one, the rest is easier. all depends on what custom pages you wish to add to your own sites.

I was able to figure out how and where in the index.php file to add a radar/satellite image on my own homepage and it fills in the Gap nicely.

The good thing about us working together with Jachym and suggetting Idea’s will only help the templates grow into something even better.

…chris

Hi,
we were just discussing this here yesterday :smiley: Previous page of this thread… :smiley:

http://discourse.weather-watch.com/p/470822

Yes it will be as an addition plug in in the future and now I see this should be the top priority since everyone is asking for it :D.

It is based on my previous interactive banner script, which you can see here:
http://meteopage.com/subdom/downloads/downloads.php

Description:

[i]This script shows a banner for a specific location, which mimicks the current weather conditions at that location. It is directly taken from the “forecast” script also found in downloads section, but only contains the banner and the necessary files and also all scripts and settings are in one file.

Installation instructions and information included in Readme file.

HOW DOES THE BANNER WORK 1. Based on longitude/latitude and current time and timezone, the script detects whether there is day or night
2. Then it gets a parameter with “cloudiness” to see how much clouds there are (clear, partly cloudy, overcast etc.).
3. Then it gets information whether there is some special phenomenon - for example fog etc.
4. Now it goes to a folder where there is several backgrounds for various conditions. For example, there are several versions of “day clear”, “day partly cloudy” (this one for example has some random clouds, so if you refresh, it will randomly choose a different image with "partly cloudy, there is about 5 versions for each condition).
5. If it is day, it chooses randomly one of the background for that particular weather condition.
6. If it is night it is slightly more complex. It uses a different script, which based on longitude, latitude and current date and time, finds the current moon phase. Then, there is 118 different icons of the moon depending on the illumination percentage. The script then takes one of those 118 icons, which is most similar to the current phase. And then, it checks the cloudiness again. Obviously, if it is overcast, it does nothing. If the cloudiness is small or no clouds at all, it adds the icon of the moon to the background.
7. After the background (and possibly Moon icon) is generated it checks further for the other phenomena
8. First it checks whether it is raining. If yes, then it checks how much it is raining - there are 3 different levels - light rain, rain, heavy rain. Based on this it then uses JavaScript to generate animation of water drops falling and adds that as a layer over the background. Also, at this stage it checks the wind speed and based on the wind speed it sets the angle at which the drops fall. So if it is windy, they will be falling at a sharper angle, if it is calm they will fall straight down.
9. It does the exact same thing as with the rain, but this time with snow. This time it uses different animation to create snow flakes. Again checks how much it is snowing to set the amount of flakes and their intensity and last, checks the wind speed to set the angle of flakes. And then it adds this as another layer over the background, Moon and rain layer.
10. And thats it :D[/i]

hello…

I just mentioned it because others reading these threads/posts may not have seen it. I know it is a work in progress and on your list. I also forgot to mention that Jachym own site looks really Nice and for others that have never seen it you can view it here…

this is his own personal weather website, not the meteotemplate page.

what I like about it is the gradient colors he added, The extra things in the footer like the facebook,twitter and other clickable gradient links, also the clock on his site is better, the current data in the left top with temp,wind,sun rise set and others in that box, the top menu also is nicely done, the left side bar with extreme’s and other interesting data.

hopefully some of these things can be also incorporated into the templates in the future.

Ive always liked gradient colors, they just make the site or any site look clean and sharp as long as the colors blend well together.

maybe if we make a bunch of Donations we can convince Jachym to drop out of School and work on the templates 16 hours a day full time…lol

oh and I also wanted to mention that I was messing around with the header.php and banner.php and tried using iframe/iframe code to get the banner.php atop my meteotemplate pages and it worked, but is not perfect. see attachment below or just visit my meteopages here: http://www.gateway2capecod.com/meteotemplate

Inside my header.php file I added this code to iframe the banner.php page to my title header…

<?php echo $pageName?>
<?php if($userCustomColor || $userCustomFont){

as I said…it works but is not perfect alignment.

…chris

Hi Chris,

well first of all thanks for giving some positive comments with regards to my webpage and I must say some parts of your post really made me laugh :smiley:

So I guess I will take your points one by one:

• “Meteopage” - ok, the thing is, I developed meteopage.com as my personal web. This was 2yrs ago and this is where I first met HTML, PHP etc. The site obviously wasnt getting much attention, but it was understandable - my station data is not really relevant, I live in a large city with many many PWS and more importantly two professional weather stations, so you probably see what I mean, if someone wants to know the weather here, they check the official sources. Also, the page was originally only available in Czech. But I did get one or two positive comments where people also mentioned if they could use parts of my code on their web. Back then the problem was that while making my site I never assumed this would happen and so everything was hard-coded and not changable - units, language, colors, fonts, settings etc. So I always had to say that Im sorry, but that even if I sent them the code, it wont work on their web.

The more I thought about it however, the more I thought it would be nice to actually try making a version that would work as a template and so I started to work on what you now finally see in Feb 2015. I also had entrance exams for PhD and full-and part-time job so it did take a while and in fact, when I compared it, 96% of the code is different, also because at the beginning, I was learning and many things even though they work and you as a user dont see it, in long term are not good and so I changed lot of functions etc.

Currently the page is basically up and running, station data sent there, but I no longer develop it and fully concentrate on meteotemplate.

hopefully some of these things can be also incorporated into the templates in the future.
Yes, in fact the whole template is based on meteopage. The social network footer/buttons will be added soon.
what I like about it is the gradient colors he added
:D this is funny, because today

hello Jachym…

maybe when you visited my site and didnt see the banner there I might have been messing with it. try viewing again and let me know if you see it or not. what browser do you use to view it? I am using Pale Moon and sometime IE11.

I just used the Iframe to see if it would get the banner there temporarily, not a big fan of iframe either.

The MYSQL Part for me was a bit Hard to figure out how to set it up at first and then what settings to set in the config file for it to work correctly. I knew when I had it set because when I visited my homepage and saw no more errors at top of page, figured it was then now working, which it was and then followed the rest of the steps. The other hard part was getting the correct URL inside my MeteoBridge HTTP Every full 5 minutes for uploading data to it, but I figured it out eventually.

as for the MySQL …I went into my IPAGE Control panel and clicked on the MySql and created a data base, which was fairly simple…where I struggled was inside the config file and what settings it needed.

The screwy part for me was this line:

// MySQL set up

$con=mysqli_connect("host","my user name here","my password here",$dbName);

first I thought it could just be as host, and then I tried localhost, but neither worked. What did work is when I added the actual URL That was in my MySQL setup page on my control panel from my ipage host.

I cant put actual code here but it was something like “abcdefghij.ipagemysql.com

when I added this to the config.php file… $con= section… where “host” was… is when It all worked, no errors atop my template pages.

so if anyone else trying to setup a mySQL and using Ipage as there host and needs some help, just send me an email/PM

…chris

Hi,

great, you did exactly what you were supposed to :slight_smile:

“localhost” is used especially when you are running it locally on your own computer, otherwise you use the host URL provided to you by your webhosting provider.

WIth regards to the banner, all I can say is “under way” or “in the works” :slight_smile:

WD has stopped updating since install of the new 1.1 template… 8O

thanks to the new online-offline thing hehehe

i dont have any error report yet in WD…

db will not update even if i push the test button…

edit…ive put back my original /update/wd.php and the db is now updating but still offline maybe due to new script

yeah…i forgot to modyfy the new wd.php for the clientraw in V1.1 … #-o now im getting this error…

Failed custom HTTP get 151: HTTP protocol error. 500 Internal Server Error. http://www.meteolacstjean.com/hebertville/update/wd.php?pass=wudata

so reverted back to my wd.php file and looks ok now

so…just checked my DB again…its updating normally but witn my V1.0 templates /update/wd.php :wink:

Hi,

which is VERY STRANGE, since the only change I made in the wd.php was that column number - something you actually changed already, so in theory, your wd.php was already in version 1.1 before…

hello…

updated here to version 1.1 and appears to be working ok… and the banner is also looking much better than that iframing Hack job I did…lol

http://www.gateway2capecod.com/meteotemplate/index.php

…chris

Looking good Chris :smiley:

Im glad you like it, I got several messages from people asking about whether this would be possible to do. I did have to do some modifications to the original script, but right now it seems it is working ok. The only thing that is necessary is to clear the cache, otherwise it looks a bit “squashed” :smiley:

hello…

I didnt clear the cache on my serever…mine looks ok when I view it here…does it look ok to you Jachym there?. I looked in my cache and only see 2 things in there and one is for the aeris forecast, not sure what the other one has to do with.

on another note I just wanted to mention that I downloaded the stickers plug in. and after unzipping it, I placed the entire STICKERS Folder into my plugins folder…then tried going to the default address in the stickers.php file that looks like this…

…YOUR PAGE URL … /plugins/stickers/sticker200_120.php?parameter=T&text=Hello&color1=grey&color2=dark_red

but nothing will appear on page other than some type of internal error message…to view message you can go/try to go…here…

http://www.gateway2capecod.com/meteotemplate/plugins/stickers/sticker200_120.php?parameter=T&text=Hello&color1=grey&color2=dark_red

inside the sticker.php file is some code seen below…

include(“…/…/config.php”);
include($baseURL.“css/design.php”);
include($baseURL.“header.php”);

Those paths at default settings do not seem correct to me, but then again maybe I am missing something on the way this is all set up to work.

.either way maybe we will figure out the stickers plugin problem in the future.

Thanks…Chris

Hi Chris,

ok with regards to the cache :smiley: Sorry about that misunderstanding, I meant browser cache :slight_smile: It is likely that your browser saved the main.css in the past since you already visited the site and so it still uses it to speed up loading time (since I didnt rename the file). All you have to do is hold down the refresh button slightly longer. This has nothing to do with the script or server, so I see it ok in my browser, your site looks ok, but it could be (not necessarily) that you still see the slightly squashed version because the main.css is saved in your temporary browser files.

With regards to stickers… it could be that your server does not have the GD extension installed. This is an extension that allows generating images by PHP. I will look at that and let you know tomorrow.

EDIT: just looking at your screenshot, so your browser loaded main.css correctly :slight_smile: No need to do anything else.