WeatherView andriod App now available

Hi all

Version 4 of WeatherView has just been uploaded to Google play and marks a significant shift in target audience.

WeatherView is aimed at Weather Station owners and the general public alike. It gives current weather and forecasts by auto detecting supported files.

WeatherView looks for WeatherView.php (which is required to display the WXSIM forecast) or clientraw and clientrawextra files on your web site.

If you have no WXSIM forecast then WeatherView will display a forecast from World Weather Online using your sites co-ordinates. If the co-ordinates are not available then the phones co-ordinates are used instead. The World Weather Online data is updated automatically every 2 hours, or manually by selecting a menu item. Your site data can be uploaded every minute.

You can enter your web site in the custom address field to see your own private site.

You also can click

WeatherView Setup.zip (2.49 KB)

Instructions are attached here

Setting Up Your WeatherView Site Free.zip (343 KB)

Do you have a screen shot?

There are screen shots on Google play. Not version 4 but it gives you an idea:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=co.uk.wellingtonweather&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsImNvLnVrLndlbGxpbmd0b253ZWF0aGVyIl0

Alternivively why not download it to try - it’s free and you can always uninstall it if you don’t like it.

This app is incompatible with your AT&T Samsung SAMSUNG-SGH-I337. Which is a Samsung Galaxy S4… Will this be ported to S4?

The Galaxy S4 has a really impressive screen and as I’ve released the current version with lower resolution graphics to keep the app size down the S4 does not meet the criteria for this version.

Don’t worry though because I’m working on getting the Hi-res, tablet version uploaded this weekend.

I’ll post when it’s ready.

Rob

ok looking forward to trying it out… let me know if you need something tested.

The previous version is working fine on my Galaxy S4 :smiley:

But I’m not able to upgrade to the new version :?

any updates welly?

Sorry, so busy at work. The problem is the 10" tablet version has so little information when viewing the World Weather Online data I need to completely change the layout. Quite a big task. I just have not had the time. I’m on a course for work next week so can’t see anything happening in the next fortnight.

sorry :frowning:

Just a quick note to let you know that WeatherView now works on the Samsung S4.

I actually had to get an S4 to find the bug as I thought the S4 was already supported! It turned out to be a screen size declaration in the manifest file that Google Play uses to decide which devices can receive the app. My emulator worked fine but Google didn’t want to play.

Ho hum - you live and learn :roll: