Server downtime today - Ooops!

Sorry for the server downtime this afternoon. My hosting company shut my server down due to unpaid bills :oops:

Unfortunately my bank recently issued me with a new debit card…with a new number on it. I use this card to pay the hosting company. I let most of the companies who I pay using the card know the new details, but forgot to tell the hosting company and after two months without payment they shut the server down :frowning:

You’re probably saying…didn’t they contact you first. Well…

What makes it worse was they had tried to email me, but the email address I’d given them was on a domain I don’t use as much these days. Last time I rebuilt the server I forgot to add an alias from this address to my normal email address. So the hosting company was trying to tell me I hadn’t paid, but couldn’t get emails to me :oops:

I’m pleased to say that once I reported what I thought was a problem they re-instated the server before I’d paid which is good service even though it was all my fault.

Anyway, normal service is now resumed. Mind you, can someone remind me to update the card details in February…this card expires after 6 months for some reason!

3 cheers for chris!!!
:wav:
for making and keeping this board going!
I hope its something you find satifactory and you get a kick out of it :slight_smile: