Virtual VP will not run

Hi all.

I need a little guidance here.
I have just installed VVP on one of my computers that normally runs only WD, the idea was to allow for WeatherLink to run also.
When installing and running VVP logged in with an admin account, things looks OK, the data keeps coming in from my Vue console.
On this PC I have a user account that I normally use when running WD, I don’t want to leave the PC running 24/7 logged in with admin rights.
When trying to run VVP logged in with this user, it simply does not work.
It says that the trial period has expired, and I’m unable to connect to my console.
With the admin account, I have the full 30 days trial available.

I have a feeling that this has to do with some kind of access rights somewhere, but I just can’t find it.
Surely, VVP should not require admin rights to run properly, or?

The PC in question runs Windows7 Ent, SP1.

Anybody out there that can point me in the right direction?
Any assistance would be highly appreciated.

TIV

If you did not do so you need to INSTALL VVP as administrator.

Right, I did.
It was the only way, my user account does not have write access to C:\Program Files

not a good idea to install programs to c:\program files that write files to the install location
due to permission problems

Does it need write permissions to the install directory?
As far as I can see, it does not write anything there.
And in the C:\Users[user]\AppData\Local\SoftVx\VirtualVP directory, both accounts have Full control.
Have I missed something?

Think I might have solved this, for now.
Changing the program to run in “Windows XP (SP3)” compatibility mode, did something.
At least, now it’s running, and collects data from my console.

Remains to see if it will talk to my weather programs, but that’s another story.