FTPS connection to host, using weather display

Hope some can help on this FTPS issue.

My host are supporting SFTP and FTPS thrue port 21.
Since in the future plain/normal FTP will not be supported by my host, im trying out this.
Using/trying out FTPS as this is the moste secure.

Connecting to host in wd ftp program is ok.
But issue is that in the WD web folder alot of the upload files are changing to Example: phototemp.giftemp aso… on the host they are not updating and show 0kb in size.
Deleted those temp files in web folder and host, restart of WD.
Same issue after WD restart.
Whent back to normal FTP, all ok.

Any help is apreasieted on issue.

Using latest build 9 of WD

what shows in the Ftplogfull.txt when you are using FTPS?

Thanks for helping Brian.

Run on ftps for 20 min aprox, seems like the longer i run the more 0kb files shows up on host.
See log and photo attached. alot of files on host are 0kb.

Hope you can see a issue here Brian.

there is where the problem is
OK ->46.250.211.216
OK ->46.250.211.216
Disconnected.
301: Timeout.

a time out problem

if the problem is recent, then it will be something changed your ISP/FTP server end, as the WD FTP program has not changed

Thanks alot Brian :slight_smile:

Not sure i understand :frowning:
I have a fixed ip from my isp and my web host.
Is it a issue on my isp or host end you mean? regarding? if i need to contact my isp/host company.
Never tryed this FTPS before.

Never tryed this FTPS before.
ah, so its not that it has been OK for you before..

you could try contacting your host and provided the FTP log (just the FTP part, not the http download at the start) to see if they have any ideas

Thanks Brian.

On my way to bed, wife shouting :wink:
I let WD run on the FTPS until tomorrow, and have a look.
New update here then.

Again, Thanks for help.

Hi Brian.

I let wd build 10 run over night with FTPS.
The FTPS connection is stable, but 0Kb file size on host is random, its changes from one file to another.
Also no time out in log file anymore, i changed the time from 5 sec to 30 sec in wd connection tab. (see photo)
Sometimes a photo, sometimes a txt file is 0kb.

But yowindow.xml, screen img file #3 is always 0kb, randomly also the clientraws.txt 4x files and curr 24/48/72 graph #11 files.

When i delete and ad back the same photo for upload in wd webcam upload tab, click test upload, the kb size on host change from 0kb to xxkb thats normal.
But then another file chang to 0kb…

When manualy ftps files/photo using WD internet file creation & uploads files ramdomly end up with 0kb in size.
When manualy ftps files/photo using ipswitch ws_ftp or filezilla all files transfered are working.

So Brian, i think maybe ftp issue in the ftp wd program regard fo FTPS and no host issue.

Im confused #-o
Switching back to just FTP for now.

secure FTP has alot of fish hooks and hoops to jump through for the hand shaking process etc
It’s not really ideal for frequent auto FTP uploads I would suggest

Thats ok Brian.
Thanks for info.

Just to inform, it same issue using SFTP.
Maybe an idea to disable/remove FTPS and SFTP option in WD connection, so it doesent confusing people when its not working as planed. Saves alot of questioning.

Wil test some other programs that can schedual auto upload, like example: core_ftp pro.
Switch of WD file upload and test.

Thanks for your time on this issue.

not sure why I should remove those options when it is working OK for some?

I didnt now they work for others Brian. #-o
But for me it works (uploading) , only issue is random txt, gif files on host is 0kb in size.
I have just contacted my host company, maybe they have a solution.
Hope they have.

Hi Brian, just hope someone can help.

Have been working for some time with my host on this issue.
easy said: my host dont understand why SFTP or FTPS is not working correctly, on there side it seems like all is uploading an ok.

The setting thats almost working is FTPS SSL port 21 passiv modus but random files are 0 kb in size.
Using wd SFTP all files are created as temp files localy on pc and not uploading.

But using SFTP i see a 0 at the end of my ftp adress, this one?? maybe this is a issue?? see under her.
Logging onto FTP server…ftp.ulsteinvikweather.com
SFTP Connected to ftp.ulsteinvikweather.com 0 This one.
Remote directory =/public_html/uw
Checking for next FTP agenda…
there are 3 more things to do
Doing ftp upload

Just confused not to get it working.

looking at your ftp logs
sometimes its working
other times its this error
[DI] Negotiated SSL parameters: Protocol: TLS1 Cipher: AES Cipher strength: 128 Hash:
SHA Hash strength: 160 Cipher: 0xae06 Key exchange strength: 256
OK ->46.250.211.216
OK ->46.250.211.216
Disconnected.

with so many hoops to go through for secure FTP there are bound to be times when the negotiations get out of sync and where one is expecting the other to reply etc etc
if you were manually uploading a few files then you would just try again
but for automatic, unattended uploads, secure FTP is just going to add more complexity and more places for things to go wrong

if you could email me your secure FTP settings I could try a simple ftp test program here

Hi Brian.

Just sendt you a email with info on:
[email protected]

Bj

I get the same disconnected , time out error here, when using a demo .exe program provided with the secure FTP component I use
even get that error after doing a simple directory listing
something is not right about the ftp server

Yepp, i dont have a clue Brian, and my host dont now ether.
I give up #-o

there are newer version of the FTP components that I could upgrade too or purchase
but they are like 500$ US
which I can’t afford right now

Hi
I have managed to get an extension trial period on the SFTP component I use
so I can test this again, if that is OK?
(i.e if you could email me the SFTP details again for your server so I can test here)

Hi Brian.

Thanks for trying resolve issue :wink:

Info sent to you by email.

Bj