Graphic Requests

Use this topic to request graphics.

Note that graphics are done as time is available. While I am willing to make graphics when I have time, I’m sure there are others that have a Graphic Flair and are welcome to contibute as well.

Requests should be Weather related since there are many places to get other types of graphics done. Requests should describe in as much detail what you are looking for and should provide a link to the site they will be used on so that the color scheme and existing structure can be viewed.

The intent is to assist in getting a couple icons or graphics needed for a site, not to provide a whole site full of images.

I will post a couple of the recent requests to give an idea of what people requested and what they ended up with.

Some recent Weather Station Logos Created:

excellent stuff!!!

Hi Krelvinaz,
I have been using my extremely poor ability to try and devise a round logo (like yours) for the Shepherds Valley Farm Weather Station. Are you able to assist or give any pointers as to how you do it? I don’t have any flash graphic software :? Any help greatfully recieved! #-o
Best regards,

Requests should describe in as much detail what you are looking for and should provide a link to the site they will be used on so that the color scheme and existing structure can be viewed.

It helps him immensley if you have some idea of what you are looking for - even something rough that you have been playing with is a good start. :slight_smile:

Fair enough Colin, I actually dont really have anything at present!! :oops: Well anything worthwhile anyway!

I like the round logos some have already used here (and i don’t wish to plagirise any of them!) with the WX name and location, in the centre I was thinking of a silouette of a shepherd against a red sunset, to reflect the farm we are on and the history of the area…and perhaps some sort of meteorological symbol to indicate the WX side of the farm…

The problem is I really have no idea how to even start construction of a logo! #-o

with the WX name and location, in the centre I was thinking of a silouette of a shepherd against a red sunset, to reflect the farm we are on and the history of the area...

Sounds really cool - I’m sure that will give him a good place to start :thumbright:

Like you I wish I had that sort of talent too.

Do you have a website?

Something I put together when I saw the request first.

I didn’t have anything to go on then… colors or a theme. I see you have an idea now though so I will try something along those lines.

I was playing with this picture but the sky is too short on top…

Wow these are awesome!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

The farm we have has a great view to the west and the sun often goes down in a awesome red sunset silouhetting the hills, trees and animals against a deep orange/red/purple sky…, is it possible to have the shepherd silouhetted by a blood red sunset? These are great first up efforts, thankyou so much for putting in the time and effort for me!! :smiley:

The farm WX site is:
http://www.tokaanuskihire.co.nz/kaipara/SVWX.htm
Its hosted by Brian for me (being farmers we stick together!)

Thanks again!

Finding a sunset is easy…

finding a shepherd silouhetted has not been easy.

Even a good picture of a shepherd in the right pose would be good enough as I can make a sillohett out of that.

We have been talking about this overnight, (the “boss” and I) and to perhaps make it easier, how about using a lone pine tree silouhetted against the blood red sky? We have a particular tree on the farm like that (known locally as “Dead Mans Tree”)…Just a thought anyway… :lol: Really appreciate your efforts!

ohh, WOW!
you are good Kelvrinaz !
I am drooling over those!

that gives me an idea
i could set it that people could use a logo image like that for the WD summary image…in place of where the web cam image would be…

You never cease to amaze me with your graphics skills. Those are incredible!

Absolutely Sensational. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Thankyou so much…

Now… How do I know use these on my Site??? Brian your idea sounds like a starter…

Also, can I just cut and paste these images?

Once again, thanks, this is awesome work…also, the single lone tree looks the spitting image of the one on the farm!!! How uncanny (almost eerie!!)

That is my ESP at work…

Actually, the background is the same in both pictures. The one with lone Tree in it, was done by a sillohet of a tree I got from somewhere else. the image on the right, actually already had that tree and shrubs in it.

As for how to obtain, first you might want to let me know what size you want them to be. I can make them most likely as small as about 150px to as large as … 450px or so. Also since you want the outside to be transparent, is this for a light colored background or a dark. I will then post a url to the images.

In that case your ESP is working nicely… :wink:

I’d like to use the images at the top of my web site, which has a dark background…I already had a go and cut and pasted one of the pics (I love the lone tree one!) and have used it as my AVATAR (?) on here now…looks cool… I see what you mean about it being transparent, do you think it would look better on a dark background (I am a graphics novice - so feel free to tell me I am wrong!)

With regards to sizes, I am happy to go on your suggestions! #-o

The url download is a zip file with sizes of 90x90 150x150 200x200 and 250x250 in both a light and dark background format.

The smaller ones dont have the undercircle of text since you can’t read them that small anyway.

http://www.tnet.com/POSTED/svf-logo.zip

If you need other sizes… let me know. It is always better to generate a new one with the correct size then attempt to change it after it is a gif.

Brilliant. Thanks ever so much for these… :wink: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: If I can help you with any farming issues let me know! lol :smiley:

I’ve been trying to make a logo like I’ve seen on this board, but to no avail. What I’m looking for is a logo for JLT Observatory Weather Station. The picture would be of the night time with stars and a telescope. I’ve attached a crude image to have something to work with. Thanks for your help.

logo2.gif